Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Your thoughts on the 2007 Draft picks (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=20356)

OzFan 10-06-2007 04:00 AM

Your thoughts on the 2007 Draft picks

Hi guys,

I was wondering what people think of the draft picks made in 2007. Now we're a few weeks in to the season, I thought it would be nice for an early review.

(1) What did you think were the requirements before the draft?
(2) Straight after the draft did you feel those requirements had been met?
(3) How do you rate each of the picks now the season has started?
(4) If you could turn back time, are there any players that could have been picked (i.e were available when it was Pittsburgh's turn to pick), and didn't, that you think would actually have been better for the team?

Looking forward to reading what you think.

Oz

lamberts-lost-tooth 10-10-2007 01:53 PM

Re: Your thoughts on the 2007 Draft picks

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzFan (Post 304624)
Hi guys,

I was wondering what people think of the draft picks made in 2007. Now we're a few weeks in to the season, I thought it would be nice for an early review.

(1) What did you think were the requirements before the draft?
(2) Straight after the draft did you feel those requirements had been met?
(3) How do you rate each of the picks now the season has started?
(4) If you could turn back time, are there any players that could have been picked (i.e were available when it was Pittsburgh's turn to pick), and didn't, that you think would actually have been better for the team?

Looking forward to reading what you think.

Oz

I wouldnt have minded Jay Richardson, the DE from Ohio State instead of DE Ryan McBean....and I would have liked to tried Tim Shaw, the ILB from Penn State instead of OG Cameron Stephenson....
With our track record of missing in later rounds...I also would have liked to have seen us take Maryland offensive tackle Jared Gaither with a fifth round pick in the supplemental draft.

SCSTILLER 10-22-2007 07:49 AM

Re: Your thoughts on the 2007 Draft picks

I must say that I was all for the O-line in the draft. Wasn't too happy with taking, heck, cannot even remember his name now in the first round. Woodley was a good pick. Wasn't happy with picking up Spaeth or Sepulveda that early, but I am now happy with that pick. And, as LLT stated, we screwed up the later rounds. I too would have liked to have seen Tim Shaw!