Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   rival teams black balling steeler fans.....? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2038)

tony hipchest 10-07-2005 10:39 AM

rival teams black balling steeler fans.....?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05279/583459.stm

...forcing them to buy multiple tickets just to attend one game.

now why wouldnt our opponents want the greatest fans in the world to come to their stadiums and buy their fish tacos and beer? :grin:

ironcitychef 10-07-2005 11:15 AM

Re: rival teams black balling steeler fans.....?

the great part is "half" of stadiums. Not just the upper 500's but half. I don't think I have even seen other colors at Heinz field.

Lyn 10-07-2005 11:25 AM

Most teams sell tickets to the general public, and isn't it something that you cannot even get a ticket to a game in Pittsburgh unless you are on the List or dig deeply into your pockets. In fact you can not even park unless you pay bigtime. We just paid $456. something for 3 parking passes in Gold Lot 1, for our annual tailgate.

Suitanim 10-07-2005 11:33 AM

The funny thing is, I've heard that Steelers fans are still buying the tickets and then just selling the other shitty game tickets on eBay.

bengalsfan21 10-07-2005 01:27 PM

Wow did you ever stop and think, maybe they don't have it in for you wonderful team...That anyone who buys a ticket has to buy one for another game also.......I know my dad did and he is a Bengals fan.

slashsteel 10-07-2005 01:45 PM

Quote:

maybe they don't have it in for you wonderful team..
Delusional hey the reason for the multiple tickets is to keep the large amount of Steeler fans out of the stadiums, due to the large amount that buy tickets and attend away games. This isn't a opinion it is a fact. So next time before you post a "wonderful" reply know what the hell your talking about.

tony hipchest 10-07-2005 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
Wow did you ever stop and think, maybe they don't have it in for you wonderful team...That anyone who buys a ticket has to buy one for another game also.......I know my dad did and he is a Bengals fan.

you might want to read the article. the opponents have done this for the STEELER games.

bengals just do it to sell out their crappy games that noone wants to see. i assume youre talking about bengals home games. 5 teams have done this for when the steelers are the visiting team.

BB2W 10-07-2005 05:10 PM

I have heard somthing like this before... I don't think it is right at all. Steelers fans are all over the nation and many travel to games. I have been to games here in Cincy where it has been like 50% or 60% Steelers fans. They were chanting "Hines feild west"... It was great.

At the Dallas game last year there were a bunch of Steelers fans...

tony hipchest 10-07-2005 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB2W
I have heard somthing like this before... I don't think it is right at all. Steelers fans are all over the nation and many travel to games. I have been to games here in Cincy where it has been like 50% or 60% Steelers fans. They were chanting "Hines feild west"... It was great.

At the Dallas game last year there were a bunch of Steelers fans...

wow. do the bengal fans there sell their tickets for fear of getting beat up by all the steeler fans? :boxing: :grin:

"hines field west"= beautiful!

SteelerzGirl 10-07-2005 06:38 PM

tehehe... They're all jealous of us Steelers' fans! JEALOUS, I say! Don't ya just love it?! :smile: