Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Steelers Experience (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Seeing coach Noll (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=20393)

OneForTheToe 10-07-2007 04:57 PM

Seeing coach Noll

For those that couldn't see the game, Chuck Noll was at the game, and honored by the Steelers. Fox showed the very end, where he was walking off the field, with a picture of Tomlin applauding. Honestly, it gave me goose bumps even through the TV.

To anyone that attended the game: What was it like at the stadium?

Atlanta Dan 10-07-2007 06:37 PM

Re: Seeing coach Noll

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneForTheToe (Post 305480)
For those that couldn't see the game, Chuck Noll was at the game, and honored by the Steelers. Fox showed the very end, where he was walking off the field, with a picture of Tomlin applauding. Honestly, it gave me goose bumps even through the TV.

It sent chills through me as well, especially when they cut to Tomlin (the Steelers future) applauding Coach Noll (the Steelers past). For those of us old enough to remember when Coach Noll was around Coach Tomlin's age when he arrived in 1969, the image of Coach Noll hobbling across the field stirred a lot of emotions for me, not only related to memories of the 70s Steelers.

I hope Fox was correct when they said the Stadium roared when Coach Noll appeared.

83-Steelers-43 10-07-2007 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneForTheToe (Post 305480)

As expected. Cheers. I made it a point to also focus on Tomlin while Noll was being announced. A very surreal feeling for me. One man I saw coaching this team when I started attending games with my dad at four years of age at 3 Rivers and now I see Mike Tomlin clapping his hands and showing class on the sidelines in 2007.

Very cool experience. It's moments like those that make you even prouder to be a Steelers fan. :helmet::tt02:

Dynasty 10-07-2007 08:37 PM

WHen he came out it was louder than it was for basically the whole game, except for a few times in the 2nd half. It was loudddd

Preacher 10-07-2007 08:42 PM

Good for Pittsburgh.

Did they have any effigies of Bradshaw being hung too?

:sofunny:

melroseplace 10-07-2007 10:33 PM

the crowd went crazy when Noll came out...it definitely gave me goosebumps. unfortunately from where I was at that point I couldn't see him but I didn't have to...you could just feel it in the air

jjpro11 10-08-2007 01:07 AM

i couldnt believe he was there when they announced it. what luck for me to go to the game that he is finally able to attend. everybody went crazy when they showed him. he hasnt been to heinz in a while.. right?