Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I'm guilty!!! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=204)

ironcitychef 01-11-2005 03:03 AM

I'm guilty!!!

Saw the article on the home page about Steelers injuries. I keep thinking how the Pats have too many injuries to overcome and forgot how many injuries the Steelers have dealt with. To beat the Pats and Eagles without Hampton, Scott, Bell, and Maddox is quite the feat. Can't believe I forgot how deep we really are.

BlitzburghRockCity 01-11-2005 01:51 PM

Re: I'm guilty!!!

I agree..and never more evident that beating a team like the bills, fighting for their playoff lives, and our reserves took it too them.

CowherLover 01-11-2005 10:07 PM

It should make all of the "fans" that were calling for Coach to be fired last year pause and think maybe there has been a method to his madness. Does anyone wonder why St. Pierre has been kept around this long? I don't know about anyone else, but I can't imagine Charlie Batch coming back. Wasn't he making as much as Tommy this year? By the way, you're not guilty, you're awestruck like the rest of us I think. Noone could've predicted this season to go this way let alone finish the last game the way they did. Fantastic team effort all year long. It's been the Pats secret to success, now it's our turn!

BlitzburghRockCity 01-11-2005 10:39 PM

[quote author=CowherLover link=board=steelers;num=1105423406;start=0#2 date=01/11/05 at 20:07:52]It should make all of the "fans" that were calling for Coach to be fired last year pause and think maybe there has been a method to his madness. Does anyone wonder why St. Pierre has been kept around this long? I don't know about anyone else, but I can't imagine Charlie Batch coming back. Wasn't he making as much as Tommy this year? By the way, you're not guilty, you're awestruck like the rest of us I think. Noone could've predicted this season to go this way let alone finish the last game the way they did. Fantastic team effort all year long. It's been the Pats secret to success, now it's our turn![/quote]

Yeah charlie was making more than Tommy was, and since charlie is a UFA next year, he wont be back its pretty safe to say. Cowher took a real chance this year only carrying 2 QB's on the gameday roster. but it paid off for him so far.

St pierre showed flashes of brilliance, but its unclear if they'll bring him back next year..although I dont know that I'd tempt fate and only carry 2 qb's active each week for another season.

ironcitychef 01-12-2005 02:38 AM

I always tell friends not to worry about the Steelers in off years cause its easy to rebuild a team if you have done it three times already. Oh what? Your coach hasn't even been in the league three years? I am giving huge credit to the Rooney family in their loyalty and effort to keeping the best franchise going.