Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   thoughts on h. ward re-aggrivating his injury (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2040)

tony hipchest 10-07-2005 01:25 PM

thoughts on h. ward re-aggrivating his injury

he should play and is listed as questionnable. i dont think it will hurt to much cause if nothing, he can go out there and block and play possession receiver. or that could be what the steelers want the chargers to think and have him line up in the slot again and burn the chargers secondary on a deep play. either way if he is gimpy it might mean a few more passes for heath miller.

slashsteel 10-07-2005 01:47 PM

Re: thoughts on h. ward re-aggrivating his injury

If he isn't healthy I don't want him out there.

It is up to Wilson and co. to get it done if he can't go. This could be Morgan's chance to get more playing time...........

tony hipchest 10-07-2005 02:12 PM

i think they could pull out a win without hines too. kind of a good thing the team had so much practice without him during his holdout. the other wr's should be prepared just in case. i would hate to see his injury cause him to miss more than 1 game. especially coming off a bye week.

slashsteel 10-07-2005 02:31 PM

I hear you. I don't think it will keep him out of anything more than this game, if he in fact does miss the Monday night matchup. I do hope he plays as well, we know he is a difference maker....

Prosdo 10-07-2005 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slashsteel
If he isn't healthy I don't want him out there.

It is up to Wilson and co. to get it done if he can't go. This could be Morgan's chance to get more playing time...........

Couldn't agree with you more. If he isn't healthy I don't want him out there to hurt it worse and then have him out for weeks. Wilson looked really good at TC. He had some pretty nice catches up there. Hopefully if we need him he will perform well. If Hines doesn't play you are right we could see some of Morgan and I really want to see what that guy can do. I'm still hoping Hines is okay enough to play though.

SteelerzGirl 10-07-2005 06:42 PM

Ditto! I would rather see Hines sit out one game than have him sit out for the rest of the season. We'll need him in the playoffs and Superbowl! :smile:

Koopa 10-07-2005 06:56 PM

if his injury is really serious like if he tweaks it he's out for 4 weeks or so then don't play him but if it ain't going to do much damage then put him out on the field cause we gonna need him.

BlitzburghRockCity 10-07-2005 07:13 PM

Ward is going to want to play we all know that, he's as tough as they come..and if it didnt completely heal after being off all last week, then its gonna need more rest..let him sit, thats why we went out and got morgan and wilson.