Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pet Peeve (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=20480)

moedap 10-10-2007 11:09 AM

Pet Peeve

I know it may seem petty and even unsportsmanlike but I hate it when someone from the opposite team is given a helping hand getting up after a play. I think it takes energy to help someone up from the ground. Energy that could be saved for the later quarters.

tony hipchest 10-10-2007 11:20 AM

Re: Pet Peeve

i think it was emmitt smith who admitted to laying there and milking it an extra second or 2 to try and get the opposition to lift him up.

BlastFurnace 10-10-2007 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moedap (Post 306856)
I know it may seem petty and even unsportsmanlike but I hate it when someone from the opposite team is given a helping hand getting up after a play. I think it takes energy to help someone up from the ground. Energy that could be saved for the later quarters.

I don't have a problem with it at all. That's just good sportsmanship. If they are not in good enough shape to offset giving someone a helping hand, then they need to get in better shape.

I have more of a problem with the Hugging Love Fest that the Steelers engaged with when they played Arizona with Coach Whiz.

Atlanta Dan 10-10-2007 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 306860)
i think it was emmitt smith who admitted to laying there and milking it an extra second or 2 to try and get the opposition to lift him up.

So actually helping them up tires them out by not letting them rest up while staying on the ground - brilliant!

Indy_Steelers 10-10-2007 02:46 PM

I like it

Borski 10-10-2007 03:09 PM

I like it when they help each other up, it show they are respectable and they have good sportsmanship.

HometownGal 10-10-2007 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borski (Post 306917)
I like it when they help each other up, it show they are respectable and they have good sportsmanship.

Ditto. :thumbsup: Well - except for any of the Bungles. I think I'd like to see Farrior extend his hand to help them up and then drop them on their hineys.

The Duke 10-10-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HometownGal (Post 306919)
Ditto. :thumbsup: Well - except for any of the Bungles. I think I'd like to see Farrior extend his hand to help them up and then drop them on their hineys.

lol, that would be funny.

I'm torn here cause it seems like good sportmanship to do it, but at the same time you can't be helping the other team, I think peezy once said something like that and I've never seen him pick up an opposing player.

Dino 6 Rings 10-10-2007 04:39 PM

what is fun to do, is to watch the games where they aren't helping each other up...it happens in games that are slobber knockers with rivals...they walk away from one another and team mates have to help up the down guys...watch the San Diego Oakland game...you won't see hands out for help all game long...

DACEB 10-11-2007 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 306860)

I was going to use Emmitt as an example. I always remember that back in the 90's watching the Cowboys. Here it is they are running the ball down your throat and you are helping him up.:dang:

Sportsmanship or not, let their own teammate help them up.

Let's put it like this, would Lambert had helped them up?? HELL NO!!