Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Patriots at Cowboys (enjoy the hype thread) (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=20540)

tony hipchest 10-12-2007 05:34 PM

Patriots at Cowboys (enjoy the hype thread)

:rolleyes:

really, how did the genius that is the NFL not schedule all teams to have their bye-week this weekend while americas team faces americas team (and britain's team) sunday afternoon?

is there anyone who would wanna stomach 2 weeks of this hype in late january? (redcoats need not answer)

it would be worse than an impossible yankees/redsox matchup for the final series in october. :dang:

alittlejazzbird 10-12-2007 06:56 PM

Re: Patriots at Cowboys (enjoy the hype thread)

Brace yourselves. Assuming the Pats win this weekend, whereupon all media will insist that Dallas wasn't a legitimate "elite" team anyway, the sickening buildup to this game will pale in comparison to that surrounding the Pats/Colts matchup, which surely will be touted as the game of the century (so far). Look for that lovefest to begin Sunday afternoon at about 4:01 pm.

The one potential benefit of the Pats winning this weekend? The Steelers will probably vault over Dallas into the number 3 spot on all the power rankings.

NJarhead 10-12-2007 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 307518)
:rolleyes:

really, how did the genius that is the NFL not schedule all teams to have their bye-week this weekend while americas team faces americas team (and britain's team) sunday afternoon?

is there anyone who would wanna stomach 2 weeks of this hype in late january? (redcoats need not answer)

it would be worse than an impossible yankees/redsox matchup for the final series in october. :dang:

I will watch it as long as there's still a chance of the Patsies losing. This is a crazy year.., Thus far I've been a Bengals fan and a Browns Fan. This week I'll be a Cowboys fan. In the weeks to come I'll be a ....gulp... Ravens fan (actually, I may reconsider this decision). It's a season of firsts for me.

MasterOfPuppets 10-12-2007 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alittlejazzbird (Post 307533)
Brace yourselves. Assuming the Pats win this weekend, whereupon all media will insist that Dallas wasn't a legitimate "elite" team anyway, the sickening buildup to this game will pale in comparison to that surrounding the Pats/Colts matchup, which surely will be touted as the game of the century (so far). Look for that lovefest to begin Sunday afternoon at about 4:01 pm.

The one potential benefit of the Pats winning this weekend? The Steelers will probably vault over Dallas into the number 3 spot on all the power rankings.

this isn't the BCS , so power rankings are pointless. W's & L's , count for playoff seedings.....GO COWBOYS !!!! :tt02:

MasterOfPuppets 10-12-2007 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 (Post 307535)
I will watch it as long as there's still a chance of the Patsies losing. This is a crazy year.., Thus far I've been a Bengals fan and a Browns Fan. This week I'll be a Cowboys fan. In the weeks to come I'll be a ....gulp... Ravens fan (actually, I may reconsider this decision). It's a season of firsts for me.

the cheaters are gonna win thier division irreguardless of the ratbird game. it's in the steelers best interest to see the ratbirds lose.

Cape Cod Steel Head 10-12-2007 07:30 PM

This is the Patsy's first real test. This game well tell a lot. Never thought I'd be rooting this hard for "America's Team".

NJarhead 10-12-2007 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 307537)
the cheaters are gonna win thier division irreguardless of the ratbird game. it's in the steelers best interest to see the ratbirds lose.

I know but it's like watching the Bengals/Ravens....you kinda wish they'd both lose. :tt02:

NJarhead 10-12-2007 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cape Cod Steel Head (Post 307538)
This is the Patsy's first real test. This game well tell a lot. Never thought I'd be rooting this hard for "America's Team".

A Steeler fan from Cape Cod??? I love it! I was stationed at Otis or four years (99-2003). Pat's fans seemed to come out of the woodwork all of a sudden in 2002.

tony hipchest 10-12-2007 09:02 PM

i heard carrie underwood and jessica simpson have already signed on to headline the SB halftime show. in a girl version play on the country song

"Save a horse, ride a Romo,
feed the cat, starve a homo"

:huh:

thats hot.

i cant wait for the Metrosexual Bowl on sunday.

NJarhead 10-12-2007 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 307558)
i heard carrie underwood and jessica simpson have already signed on to headline the SB halftime show. in a girl version play on the country song

"Save a horse, ride a Romo,
feed the cat, starve a homo"

:huh:

thats hot.

i cant wait for the Metrosexual Bowl on sunday.

Who cares what they sing Tony? Let's just enjoy them for who they are pray for another wardrobe malfunction! :banana: