Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Patriots pick up Steelers trash again... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=20621)

Lord Stiller 10-16-2007 05:14 PM

Patriots pick up Steelers trash again...

first Vrabel, then Chad Scott, Hank Poteat, Rodney Bailey, Josh Miller and now............

Patriots | Team works out Barlow
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:59:54 -0700

Matt Maiocco, of The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports the New England Patriots worked out free-agent RB Kevan Barlow (Steelers) Monday, Oct. 15.

MasterOfPuppets 10-16-2007 05:17 PM

Re: Patriots pick up Steelers trash again...

could it be? the ole pump and dump? naaa the pats are too good to bother looking for a competetive edge....:shake01:

tony hipchest 10-16-2007 05:19 PM

the sad thing is, barlow can actually make that team... atleast until corey dillon decides its time to ride the gravy train again.

Mosca 10-16-2007 05:59 PM

LOL, I'm not so sure Barlow can retain all that much information; we're assuming he learned anything at all. My bet is he can tell them next to nothing. I'd guess that the roster spot is more valuable than any information he might give.

Tom

xXTheSteelKingsXx 10-16-2007 08:27 PM

Ha. Looks like the Pats are always looking for ways to cheat but I'm not sure Barlow is the best person to try to get the playbook from.

ShutDown24 10-16-2007 08:51 PM

They aren't working out Barlow just for info. While he was slow and un-motivated at one point in his career (Here apparently), so were 40 other guys on New England’s roster. If they were going after information they would have tried to work out Verron Haynes (Who just visited New Orleans btw)... The Pats are cheaters but they aren't stupid. If they were looking to get more information than actual playing from someone they would have known where to go. I think this instance of looking at a guy was legitimate.

Edman 10-16-2007 09:02 PM

The Pats are somewhat thin at RB. Weren't they down to their 3rd RB in Dallas?

ShutDown24 10-16-2007 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edman (Post 308841)
The Pats are somewhat thin at RB. Weren't they down to their 3rd RB in Dallas?

Kevin Faulk yes? He has been more of a role player recently than a real back up? Although he is listed as the number three back on the depth chart he gets a lot of action and during the pre-Dillon days was often featured. The Pats should be and probably are content with him starting or at least playing a lot until either Maroney and or Morris are fully healthy. That being said however, behind Faulk they only have Heath Evans (FB) and some Eckols guy who has almost no experience? Although Evans has run for one hundred yards in a game for them once before, they need to have someone else at least on speed dial.

lamberts-lost-tooth 10-17-2007 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosca (Post 308774)
LOL, I'm not so sure Barlow can retain all that much information; we're assuming he learned anything at all. My bet is he can tell them next to nothing. I'd guess that the roster spot is more valuable than any information he might give.

Tom

He didnt learn enough to make our team...cant figure he will be a wealth of knowledge.:sofunny:

RoethlisBURGHer 10-17-2007 07:07 AM

This will give those bastards some depth at RB and some info on the December 9th game when we travel to Foxborough to kick their asses.