Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   SFNFC (URGENT!!!) (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=20658)

revefsreleets 10-18-2007 06:49 PM

SFNFC (URGENT!!!)

As people are joining the league PLEASE do not make any roster moves. There is a major difference between Yahoo and aol concerning individual defensive players, and you probably will have trouble setting your roster. So far both Kat and I have had the same problem. I have a solution, but we can't address it until everyone joins the league. When they do, we open waivers and allow people to make roster moves starting with the last place team and moving up.

Sorry I don't have a better solution, but it is what it is. The important thing is salvaging the league, and there are bound to be a few bumps in the road. Please be patient.

GBMelBlount 10-18-2007 07:20 PM

Re: SFNFC (URGENT!!!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 309300)
As people are joining the league PLEASE do not make any roster moves. There is a major difference between Yahoo and aol concerning individual defensive players, and you probably will have trouble setting your roster. So far both Kat and I have had the same problem. I have a solution, but we can't address it until everyone joins the league. When they do, we open waivers and allow people to make roster moves starting with the last place team and moving up.

Sorry I don't have a better solution, but it is what it is. The important thing is salvaging the league, and there are bound to be a few bumps in the road. Please be patient.

LMAO, just went to look at SFNFC for roster and didn't see any points, etc. I don't know my points. Are we starting from scratch? I actually laughed when I saw what LITP did to the SFNFC site the last few days. It is hysterical!

revefsreleets 10-18-2007 07:40 PM

Nope, we are picking up where we left off. We'll just manually calculate the part of the season litp messed up.

Several reactions came to my mind when I looked at the old site. I have to say that not a single one of them was even remotely humorous. To take the work of nine other people and throw it down the toilet was childish, selfish and stupid. Sorry, but there's nothing funny about acting like a 5 year old.

Maybe if you'd have spent 5-6 hours cleaning up his mess you'd see things a little differently.

GBMelBlount 10-18-2007 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 309307)
Nope, we are picking up where we left off. We'll just manually calculate the part of the season litp messed up.

Several reactions came to my mind when I looked at the old site. I have to say that not a single one of them was even remotely humorous. To take the work of nine other people and throw it down the toilet was childish, selfish and stupid. Sorry, but there's nothing funny about acting like a 5 year old.

Maybe if you'd have spent 5-6 hours cleaning up his mess you'd see things a little differently.

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work Reve.

revefsreleets 10-18-2007 07:51 PM

I need an email address. The hotmail account I have for you is bouncing back. Can you PM me a working email address?

Thanks

GBMelBlount 10-18-2007 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 309314)
I need an email address. The hotmail account I have for you is bouncing back. Can you PM me a working email address?

Thanks

Hmmmm. just sent my roster & aol e-mail account.

Thanks.

revefsreleets 10-18-2007 09:47 PM

You're in.

stlrtruck 10-18-2007 10:06 PM

I'm sorry that you guys had to go through this in the NFC.

I am happy to see that you guys are back up and running and looking forward to keeping these two leagues going in seasons to come!!

Crushzilla 10-18-2007 10:31 PM

GB don't worry about the what has happened in that league.

I spent the first part of the week, and Rev has picked up since, on rebuilding this.

We have everything: Rosters from week to week, roster moves, waiver positions, point values, schedules. Its just going to be adding it all up now.

Don't lose any sleep over it. Just please check back when you can for new developments. Rev and I will be working to get this thing going by this Sunday.

I'd also like to thank you guys. We greatly appriciate everyone doing their part and cooperating with us to keep this thing running.

revefsreleets 10-19-2007 06:52 AM

Crush let me know that we can still do the AFC vs. NFC thing. Also, if you see anything glaringly wrong in the new league, let one of us know, but there will be changes made for the next couple of days. I REALLY want to open up waivers by Saturday morning, but we will have to do so very carefully. Once I have updated standings from the results of last week, we will open up waivers one owner at a time, from last to first, limit 3 transactions. I hate to be arbitrary about this, but it's the 11th hour and we just don't have time to be democratic. I did make one change that I wanted to run past everyone. I set up team defense scoring to reward playing well. The change awards 20 points for a shutout, 15 for 0-3 points. 10 points for 3-6 points and 5 points for 6-10. I can change that if a lot of people don't like it. The other question I had was did the individual receive points for returns in the old league or did the defense on kick/punt returns?

I have a lot of appointments today, so I may not be able to get back to this until this afternoon. I know Crush is busy too, but he's going to be working on this as well.