Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Paintball Thread (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=20664)

pittsburghp8baller 10-18-2007 10:38 PM

Paintball Thread

as every1 can tell by my name i am a big paintballer. ive played on sponsored teams and im playing in a two man team tournament this sunday. i jus wanted to see how many others in SF play paintball.

ive got a smart parts ion with a halo b w/ rip drive hopper and a custom parts 14 inch barrell. how bout every1 else?

verks36 10-18-2007 10:59 PM

Re: Paintball Thread

i was pretty big into paintball like a year ago.
Wasnt really sponsored but i had like a local team and all. I had a WGP vertical feed auto ****er with an halo tsa loader. I also had this sick barrel but i forgot what it was called. I had nitro too. The stuff isnt cheap but now i have no time any more to play so i let my brother borrow it while i am away at boarding school

pittsburghp8baller 10-19-2007 09:07 AM

i havent been able to play that much anymore either. this whole full-time job right out of high school thing sucks. this is my first saturday/sunday off in about 6 months. my first tournament in like 10. first time ive had to pay for all of it myself. figured id get a couple of times in before it got to cold and they close all of the fields down

xXTheSteelKingsXx 10-19-2007 02:38 PM

I go out with some friends every now and then nothing big just for fun.

ShutDown24 10-19-2007 03:03 PM

I played a couple of years ago... We had a four vs four tournament around here that I participated in with a few friends... We did pretty well actually...

All I got is an old Spyder Victor with standard feeder and barrell but that cheap thing served me well for a long time... Paint was a pain in the ass to buy and I haven't played in over a year now...

pittsburghp8baller 10-19-2007 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutDown24 (Post 309504)
Paint was a pain in the ass to buy and I haven't played in over a year now...

im starting to find this out. for a two man tournament it was $35 per person and then u each had two buy two cases of paint up front which is about $40 a case. dam thats a weeks work of worth pay from walmart. we better win so i get back my 100+ dollars

ShutDown24 10-19-2007 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pittsburghp8baller (Post 309507)
im starting to find this out. for a two man tournament it was $35 per person and then u each had two buy two cases of paint up front which is about $40 a case. dam thats a weeks work of worth pay from walmart. we better win so i get back my 100+ dollars

Yeah, it's fun but with anything competitively that I have done... Gaming, fishing, paintball, white water racing... Unless you are the best of the best at that particular event... You almost never make a profit... it's a lot like gambling... But hey if you like to do it enough than for some people the money is worth it.

Dynasty 10-19-2007 03:27 PM

I like paintball... only gone a few times with friends though and i dont have my own stuff

pittsburghp8baller 10-19-2007 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutDown24 (Post 309511)
Yeah, it's fun but with anything competitively that I have done... Gaming, fishing, paintball, white water racing... Unless you are the best of the best at that particular event... You almost never make a profit... it's a lot like gambling... But hey if you like to do it enough than for some people the money is worth it.

when u get hit 5 or 6 times getting bunkered it doesnt feel worth it but when u get that check and the free prizes OMG it makes me want to do it forever.

walmart doesnt pay much so this is a nice way to pick up a few bucks. but if we finish out of the money i dont see myself doing another tournament till next summer

The Duke 10-19-2007 11:46 PM

Oh, I love paintball. Is my second favorite thing after getting hit in a good game of football( i'm no masochist btw, I just like doing this stuff through pain lol). I would love to play more but equipment is kinda pricy, but when I do play I enjoy every second of it