Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ben Gets No Love from the Zebras!!! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=20745)

TXSTEELER 10-22-2007 11:59 AM

Ben Gets No Love from the Zebras!!!

Did anyone else notice how Ben was being manhandled after the whistle and no call. I am sure the zebras would have called at least one penalty if that was fricking Brady or Manning. The one in particular was as viscious as when Turkey Jones stuffed Bradshaw on his neck in Cleveland. There were at least 3 Broncos had Ben tied up and he was waiting for the whistle. Instead after the whistle the 4th Bronco came in stuffed Ben down on his back with the rest of the inbreds. Of course we get 15 yard penalty for hitting the QB 30 yards down the field in the head, when all that happened, was the QB ducked when Troy was trying to tackle him and his hands touched, God forbid, his helmet. What a crock!!!:banging::banging::banging:

Virginia Steeler 10-22-2007 12:14 PM

Re: Ben Gets No Love from the Zebras!!!

I thought Troy got Cutler's face mask.

thebus36idf 10-22-2007 12:40 PM

Man! Jay Cutler is running down the field like O.J. simpson, takes a half #%* slide at the last second when Polamalu is already in the air. However body slamming ben on various occasions no Problem!

Mosca 10-22-2007 12:47 PM

I thought the Polamalu call was for the elbow to the head that was hard to see on the replay.

nicesteel4life 10-22-2007 12:54 PM

Agree, if you seen the picture on Nfl Network, the lineman were standing there watching him get slammed!

DACEB 10-22-2007 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicesteel4life (Post 311438)
Agree, if you seen the picture on Nfl Network, the lineman were standing there watching him get slammed!

That should absolutely have been a penalty. The ref was right there and did not make the call.

The officiating was poor but so was our play.

Indy_Steelers 10-22-2007 03:23 PM

The refs blew the whistle and 2 or 3 more Broncos pile on Ben and nothing was call. The other thig that bothered me was the no call on the Broncos tackle hooking Harrison because Harrison was kicking his arse.

KYSteelersfan 10-22-2007 03:25 PM

The Polamalu call was actually for his hands "inadvertently" getting on the inside of Jay Cutler's face mask towards the top.

And yes, God forbid that the refs call an obvious body slam on Big Ben.

jjpro11 10-22-2007 03:31 PM

i thought that was bullshit too and yelled at the tv. i really cannot think of the last time ben got a roughing the passer call.. i know we have gotten a few qb roughing penalties already this season for various little shit plays like cutler last night. anyone willing to look up ben's stat though? i'd like to see the difference between a guy like ben and guys like palmer, brady, and the other love childs of the nfl.

TackleMeBen 10-22-2007 03:32 PM

as i stated in another thread. until ben changes his last name to brady or manning he will not get any love from the refs..