Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I hate to say it, but same mistakes will haunt us forever. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=20765)

wiz1120 10-23-2007 08:34 AM

I hate to say it, but same mistakes will haunt us forever.

Ever since the AFC Championship in 2001, the blue print to beat the Steelers is short routes over the middle. Tom Brady and the Patriots drew up the game plan to completely destroy the Steelers, and what have the Steelers done about it?

The more blitzes we run, the shorter the dropback is for the quarterback. All he has to do is get the ball out quick and the Steelers get lit up. I can't believe how long this problem has gone on, and it only happens against the good teams. Now, however, I saw Jay Cutler and the Broncos drive right down the field time and time again. I knew that the Broncos would drive down the field no problem, and that's exactly what they did (with time to spare).

I don't even know if I want to watch the Patriots game. I predict Brady going 40 for 55, and I doubt they will even run the ball until they get a huge lead. Sorry Steeler fans, but we have two great defensive coaches who continue to make the same mistakes and will get beat the same way come December 9th.

tony hipchest 10-23-2007 08:52 AM

Re: I hate to say it, but same mistakes will haunt us forever.

thanks for the warning. i guess i will just have to try and enjoy all the other games until then.

Lord Stiller 10-23-2007 09:07 AM

Well according to this idiot poster named TheWarDen86, we should play possum and not even try to beat the Pats

http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...=20581&page=13

I dont know about you guys but I think we should try to win every game

lamberts-lost-tooth 10-23-2007 09:09 AM

The Bengals tried that same formula during our playoff run and Lebeau stopped them by playing an extra DB to jam the WR on the strong side and then sit in the flat. It was incredibly effective....causing Kitna to hesitate and giving our OLB time to get into the backfield...We also were able to stop Rudi with that DB, who would chop him in half when they went to him on the outlet pass.
If WE can figure out that there is a weakness there...I am placing my money on Lebeau being able to figure it out and reacting accordingly. The only other option is that the coordinator of the one of the best defenses in the league is a doofus...and I dont believe thats true.

fansince'76 10-23-2007 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiller (Post 311831)
I dont know about you guys but I think we should try to win every game

Um, yeah - what the hell is the point of playing, if not to win?

Lord Stiller 10-23-2007 09:11 AM

I think part of the problem could be Polamalu playing all over the place rather than defending the middle.

I'd like to see more of the Cover 2 like in the Seattle game. Have Clark and Smith as the deep safeties with Polamalu and Farrior guarding the middle of the field

Edman 10-23-2007 09:18 AM

Yeah. I know. This team just sucks. And we have a lot of imbeciles who can't adjust their gameplan along with a cheap-*** owner. The Steelers are a garbage team under a garbage organization. I regret putting my name on the waiting list. I'll surely sell my tickets once I get them. :blah:

Thank you dear sir for saving me from this painful team.:chicken:

Jman 10-23-2007 09:34 AM

The Steelers should explore more of that Cover 2, Zone Blitz mix up and find a way to make it more effective.

jjpro11 10-23-2007 09:37 AM

we did win a super bowl.. so it couldn't have haunted us that much.

BurghZ0n3 10-23-2007 09:43 AM

....after the first 3 games, I was NOT haunted by the saying "We'll try to find a way to win" (like Cowher used to). But now, ..... it's everybody's guess....:dang: