Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Game Reporter (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Steelers vs. Bungles Game Day Thread - 10/28/07 (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=20844)

HometownGal 10-28-2007 08:50 AM

Steelers vs. Bungles Game Day Thread - 10/28/07

Well - Sunday is finally here and I think I speak for every Steelers fan in saying that we're all pretty pumped about this game! :banana::tt02:

Here's to a mistake-free and injury-free Steelers victory in Shitsinnati!

GO STEELERS! :tt02::tt02::tt02:

GeneralRobinson 10-28-2007 09:33 AM

Re: Steelers vs. Bungles Game Day Thread 10/28/07

Despite Cincinnati's record, they do present some passing game matchup problems. Look for Cincinnati to go three wides, no-huddle all game. Ike will be fine, but Deshea against Johnson or Houshmandzadeh worries me because of the size difference. Also, will William Gay be able to cover effectively? The coverage questions put more pressure on the pass rush. One matchup I'm interested in is Cincinnati's backup RT Scott Kooistra against either Woodley or Haggans. Kooistra has little starting experience so look for pressure from Palmer's front side.

Another thing I'm worried about is Pittsburgh likes their DBs to play off the receivers. While this technique has been effective over the course of the last 16 years, they risk allowing Cincinnati to get their passing game in a rhythm if they call short passing routes. This will then allow Cincinnati's running game to be effective if they are able to consistently gain passing yardage. If I was the DC, I would mix up the coverage. Play more press coverage with our CBs and play over the top with our safeties to defend against the deep ball. Also, on first and second down, call more safe rushes where the CBs play off but the LBs are more focused on getting their hands up to deflect passes. Then, on third and long, you can take more chances.

On offense, expect Ben to see 8 men in the box. Despite the second guessers, I think our Denver gameplan can be effective against Cincinnati. Short passes on first down to set up second and short which will open up the playbook and keep the defense on their heels. Cincinnati has one their starting LBs out. Attack the middle with Heath. Of course, this is dependent on the OL being able to block effectively.

Black@Gold Forever32 10-28-2007 10:04 AM

Here We Go Steelers.....Here We Go....Fire up the Steelers Polka and lets smash the Bengals today in Paul Brown Stadium.....

Preacher 10-28-2007 10:11 AM

Hit em hard, hit em early, hit em often...

While I am talking about the Bengals... I am sure the Bengals think I am speaking of the bong pipe...

This games is ours for the taking!

Black@Gold Forever32 10-28-2007 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 312942)

While I am talking about the Bengals... I am sure the Bengals think I am speaking of the bong pipe...

This games is ours for the taking![/QUOTE] This game is ours for the taking...If the Steelers don't beat themselves then they should win this game no doubt....Plus must get pressure on Carson.....In the Broncos game Cutler had to much time and was to comfortable in the pocket.....I think we will see more of Woodley in there today...He has looked good so far in the limited game action he has gotten....:thumbsup:

Preacher 10-28-2007 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 (Post 312944)

This game is ours for the taking...If the Steelers don't beat themselves then they should win this game no doubt....Plus must get pressure on Carson.....In the Broncos game Cutler had to much time and was to comfortable in the pocket.....I think we will see more of Woodley in there today...He has looked good so far in the limited game action he has gotten....:thumbsup:[/quote]

I'll call it now...

Woodley AND TIMMONS will both be in today... and BOTH get a sack!!!!

SteelCityMan786 10-28-2007 10:26 AM

Let's Fire Back Boys!

:tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

Black@Gold Forever32 10-28-2007 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 312946)
This game is ours for the taking...If the Steelers don't beat themselves then they should win this game no doubt....Plus must get pressure on Carson.....In the Broncos game Cutler had to much time and was to comfortable in the pocket.....I think we will see more of Woodley in there today...He has looked good so far in the limited game action he has gotten....:thumbsup:

I'll call it now...

Woodley AND TIMMONS will both be in today... and BOTH get a sack!!!![/QUOTE]

Preach, I hope you're right about Timmons....I would love nothing more to see this kid start tearing it up...He has all the physical tools to be a very good player......:tt02:

touchdownward 10-28-2007 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 312942)

And the Bungal fans are saying the game is theirs for the tokin' :naughty:

MyCuz64Furness 10-28-2007 10:54 AM

I know that if we screw up and lose this game it will make me more upset then either of our 2 losses.............Here's to a great beat their azz game....:tt02::helmet: