Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   who needs to lose in week 8 (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=20846)

tony hipchest 10-28-2007 11:37 AM

who needs to lose in week 8

denver (3-3) needs to lose to green bay
jacksonville (4-2) to tampa bay
tennessee (4-2) to oakland
cleveland (3-3) to st louis
san diego (3-3) to houston

and most importantly-

cincinatti (2-4) to pittsburgh :tt02:

all the teams on our heels have favorable match-ups. which makes this weeks game vs the bungles even that much more important. if arizona and denver werent treated as make or break games, this one better be.

Atlanta Dan 10-28-2007 11:56 AM

Re: who needs to lose in week 8

IMO the San Diego & Denver games do not matter unless you are scoping out potential wildcard issues (Indy and New england have the playoff byes unless Manning or Brady go down)

I agree that today's game is the pivot point of the season - win today and the Bengals are toast - lose today and making teh playoffs becomes a definite issue

revefsreleets 10-28-2007 05:05 PM

I think the Pats will lose to the Colts, and the Colts will lose to someone else. I have both those teams at 14-2 or 15-1 (I'm not touching the Pats/Steelers game just yet). We need to just take care of our business and let the chips fall where they may.

Black@Gold Forever32 10-28-2007 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 312967)
denver (3-3) needs to lose to green bay
jacksonville (4-2) to tampa bay
tennessee (4-2) to oakland
cleveland (3-3) to st louis
san diego (3-3) to houston

and most importantly-

cincinatti (2-4) to pittsburgh :tt02:

all the teams on our heels have favorable match-ups. which makes this weeks game vs the bungles even that much more important. if arizona and denver werent treated as make or break games, this one better be.

So far the Steelers are the only ones to hold up their end of the bargain..lol But hey if the Steelers keep winning then it won't matter....Hopefully the Bucs can comeback though....I just hate how the Jags always seem to be a thorn in our side....

tony hipchest 10-28-2007 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan (Post 312970)
IMO the San Diego & Denver games do not matter unless you are scoping out potential wildcard issues

yep. i was definitely looking at wildcard scenarios, all the teams held serve, and the competition is imposing with teams like baltimore and kc laying in wait.

at this point we are still closer to those in the rear view as opposed to those, in front, out of the windshield.

Atlanta Dan 10-28-2007 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 313456)
yep. i was definitely looking at wildcard scenarios, all the teams held serve, and the competition is imposing with teams like baltimore and kc laying in wait.

at this point we are still closer to those in the rear view as opposed to those, in front, out of the windshield.

Win the next 2 and IMO the division race may be pretty much over - Ravens and Browns would be at least 2 back, with the Ravens still having their future loss to New England, a road game in San Diego and a home game with the Colts to handle in addition to a home rematch with the Steelers.

@ Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Cleveland
@ San Diego
New England
Indianapolis
@ Miami
@ Seattle
Pittsburgh

The Browns actually appear to be a bigger threat but if the Steelers win in 2 weeks I believe they win any tiebreaker. Browns remaining schedule is

Seattle
@ Pittsburgh
@ Baltimore
Houston
@ Arizona
@ NY Jets
Buffalo
@ Cincinnati
San Francisco

Browns are definitely in the playoff race with that schedule

Black@Gold Forever32 10-28-2007 08:27 PM

Yes the Browns are the play-off race.....I agree.....Makes that season opening win over them so huge at the moment...Hopefully the Seahawks can do the Steelers a favor...It pains me to root for the Seahawks next week....

But then again are the Browns really for real?........I know Derek Anderson is playing well but I don't think he is the next Tom Brady...lol But still the Browns should beat the Texans,Jets,Bills and 49ers....Also at Bal,at AZ,at Cincy are winnable games for them....

I think they lose at Pit.....But I also don't think the Browns will finish 12-4...lol But 10 wins isn't a crazy thought for them if everything goes right for them....

fansince'76 10-29-2007 10:35 PM

Damn - Broncos tie Packers in closing seconds of regulation. 13-up going into OT. :mad:

EDIT: Awesome, Favre throws an 82-yard TD the first play of OT. Packers win, 19-13.

j-dawg 10-29-2007 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 (Post 313524)
Yes the Browns are the play-off race.....I agree.....Makes that season opening win over them so huge at the moment...Hopefully the Seahawks can do the Steelers a favor...It pains me to root for the Seahawks next week....

But then again are the Browns really for real?........I know Derek Anderson is playing well but I don't think he is the next Tom Brady...lol But still the Browns should beat the Texans,Jets,Bills and 49ers....Also at Bal,at AZ,at Cincy are winnable games for them....

I think they lose at Pit.....But I also don't think the Browns will finish 12-4...lol But 10 wins isn't a crazy thought for them if everything goes right for them....

:smile: browns... playoffs... :smile:

that first quarter against the rams was rough... but the brownies pulled through... hopefully they can shut up their critics by winning their third straight this week... :banana:

MasterOfPuppets 10-29-2007 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-dawg (Post 314066)
:smile: browns... playoffs... :smile:

that first quarter against the rams was rough... but the brownies pulled through... hopefully they can shut up their critics by winning their third straight this week... :banana:

it does sound strange having browns....and playoffs in the same sentence.....:scratchchin: