Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Receiving Core Props!! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=20847)

SteelDogFan 10-28-2007 01:35 PM

Receiving Core Props!!

I have to say after listening to the first half of the game that the Steelers receiving trio Ward, Holmes and Miller are as good as the team has had in a while. By this I mean we have a possession receiver : Ward, A deep receiver : Holmes and A talented tight end : Miller.

Its been a while since we had all three. I was very impressed to here how well they played in the first half. I know Ben had to be on his game but its nice to have a core that can dink and dunk down the field, go deep or hit the tight end across the middle for a big gain. Plus I love the fact that they are running on first down even if it gets stopped.

FastWillieParker39 10-28-2007 03:02 PM

Re: Recieving Core Props!!

A-freakin-men! They were great today, espically Ward. Did anyone else notice that Ward just seemed like he was having fun out there. Making great catches and smiling the whole game. Looked like the Hines Ward we all know and love today!

Give it up to Holmes as well. He's become a very good weapon for Ben.

fansince'76 10-28-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastWillieParker39 (Post 313312)
A-freakin-men! They were great today, espically Ward. Did anyone else notice that Ward just seemed like he was having fun out there. Making great catches and smiling the whole game. Looked like the Hines Ward we all know and love today!

Yes, Hines is most assuredly back to form. :tt02:

HometownGal 10-28-2007 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastWillieParker39 (Post 313312)

Give it up to Holmes as well. He's become a very good weapon for Ben.

Our 3 Amigos really kicked the Bungles D's hiney today! :banana::cheers:

Ward had a damned good game, but young Santo really came through on a couple of key first-downs. He's almost to the point of being scary good. :tt02::thumbsup:

Glace 10-28-2007 03:36 PM

I'm just glad Holmes seems to have lost the Fumbleitis that plagued him last year. He definately seems to be protecting the football more than last year.....not acting like it was a hot-potato covered in scorpions.

slippy 10-28-2007 03:46 PM

"hot potato covered in scorpions"?

that has a chance to replace the overused "like a loaf of bread"

props for originality, glace!

revefsreleets 10-28-2007 04:38 PM

Most importantly, Ward (again) and (now) Holmes are showing the ability to not be denied the ball. Washington had a chance at a pass today that he didn't catch. Until he realizes that those balls are his and he commits himself to making the catch no matter what, he'll always be a back-up.

Black@Gold Forever32 10-28-2007 05:01 PM

Just when some want to throw dirt on Hines Ward he steps up and shows he is far from down as an NFL WR.......

GBMelBlount 10-28-2007 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 (Post 313415)
Just when some want to throw dirt on Hines Ward he steps up and shows he is far from down as an NFL WR.......

Just one game back for Ward, but I feel so much better with two big WR threats as opposed to just one. That is excluding the great play of our tight ends this year.

Black@Gold Forever32 10-28-2007 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBMelBlount (Post 313423)
Just one game back for Ward, but I feel so much better with two big WR threats as opposed to just one. That is excluding the great play of our tight ends this year.

If Hines can just avoid the injury bug then he will be fine...But with his age and the style he plays thats hard to do......He has to be close on passing Stallworth for most career receiving TDs in Steelers history with his two today....Just checked Hines has 61 now and needs 3 to pass John Stallworth....