Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   One possible area of concern (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=20859)

revefsreleets 10-28-2007 04:57 PM

One possible area of concern
 
I don't have the stats on hurries or knockdowns, but we had zero sacks against Carson today. It's not a major concern because he seemed to take a lot of 3 step drops and they did a lot of stuff to try and keep us honest, but the fact is that the Bengals offensive line is really overrated and Willie Anderson didn't play (although I think he's past his prime and overrated too). I know we did manage to force Palmer a bit today, but we need to step up the pressure when we play better teams.

Black@Gold Forever32 10-28-2007 05:00 PM

Re: One possible area of concern
 
The defense didn't have much pressure against Cutler either...I don't know if LeBeau doesn't wanted to tip his hand to much and is saving something masterful for the Pats but really the past couple weeks the Steelers just seem to playing simple stuff against offenses.....

GBMelBlount 10-28-2007 05:10 PM

Re: One possible area of concern
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 313409)
I don't have the stats on hurries or knockdowns, but we had zero sacks against Carson today. It's not a major concern because he seemed to take a lot of 3 step drops and they did a lot of stuff to try and keep us honest, but the fact is that the Bengals offensive line is really overrated and Willie Anderson didn't play (although I think he's past his prime and overrated too). I know we did manage to force Palmer a bit today, but we need to step up the pressure when we play better teams.

I couldn't agree more. Other than the Cleveland massacre, IMO the pressure & sacks have been pretty lackluster.

Sharkissle29 10-28-2007 05:16 PM

Re: One possible area of concern
 
yea if we play a game like that against brady, things could get ugly. but i have faith

Atlanta Dan 10-28-2007 05:19 PM

Re: One possible area of concern
 
IMO we are well past the point in the season we are saving blitz packages for future games - Tomlin has imposed his will as HC and this has become a cover 2 team (safeties 10 yards off the line) - Blitzburgh is a memory, which of course ties into why Troy seems lost

moedap 10-28-2007 05:31 PM

Re: One possible area of concern
 
I am along the lines of them dialing it back. There were no sacks but Carson was rushed today. The 3 step drops were a result of the looks our D was giving. Bend but dont break. I noticed the blitzes coming when Cinn was closer to the red zone. Once Cinn entered the red zone our D went back to the zone and blanketed every thing except the middle underneath.

RunWillieRun 10-28-2007 05:48 PM

Re: One possible area of concern
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan (Post 313425)
IMO we are well past the point in the season we are saving blitz packages for future games - Tomlin has imposed his will as HC and this has become a cover 2 team (safeties 10 yards off the line) - Blitzburgh is a memory, which of course ties into why Troy seems lost



Yeah this was my thought as well. I still can't get used to seeing the D play the cover 2....and I am not a big fan of it. I know we haven't seen much of it, but it seems to be a bit of a waste of Troy's talent. Hopefully he just needs some time to find his role in this style of defense.

Oh well....we got an important win today. Always good to 'beat dem bengals' :cheers:

Steel_Bus_24 10-28-2007 06:09 PM

Re: One possible area of concern
 
Our D has been swiss cheese the past two weeks, thank god they buckled down in the redzone or that game could have got ugly. The Colts or PATS would have dropped 35+ on us today.

We better get it clicking or we'll be thumped just like last year against the Ravens. I don't expect or O to pet up many points next week.

Atlanta Dan 10-28-2007 06:35 PM

Re: One possible area of concern
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 (Post 313439)
Our D has been swiss cheese the past two weeks, thank god they buckled down in the redzone or that game could have got ugly. The Colts or PATS would have dropped 35+ on us today.

We better get it clicking or we'll be thumped just like last year against the Ravens. I don't expect or O to pet up many points next week.

You expect the Ravens to move the ball? They have been horrible on offense all season.

The transition of the D to Tomlin;'s concepts is havings some rocky moments, but at this point the Browns are more likely to exploit the problems on D than the Ravens are.

Ravens D may keep them in it but I cannot see that Ravens offense scoring 17 points next Monday night.

Steeldude 10-28-2007 06:41 PM

Re: One possible area of concern
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 (Post 313413)
The defense didn't have much pressure against Cutler either...I don't know if LeBeau doesn't wanted to tip his hand to much and is saving something masterful for the Pats but really the past couple weeks the Steelers just seem to playing simple stuff against offenses.....

lol...lebeau isn't hiding anything for later. this is what you will see for the rest of the year and the rest of the time lebeau is here. the DBs will stay 8 to 12 yards off of the WRs and the opposing QB will take 3-step drops.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum