Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Next up the Ravens! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=20860)

moedap 10-28-2007 05:59 PM

Next up the Ravens!

The Ravens are always tough and next weeks game should be no different but they are a far cry from the team they were last year. A Thomas' departure hurt them a lot. Suggs isnt playing like he was and R. Lewis has lost a step. Ogden out or playing hurt. Mcnairs injuries have finally caught up with him. They arent the same period.

I hope the players use last year as motivation and continue to improve on their execution. If so I see this game being 17 - 9 Steelers.

FastWillieParker39 10-28-2007 06:49 PM

Re: Next up the Ravens!

ehh I'll put my game thoughts into this tommorrow. I'm just gonna enjoy this win today then tommorrow, RAVEN WEEK!!

alittlejazzbird 10-28-2007 06:54 PM

It's true the Ravens aren't the team they were before, but what concerns me most about playing them is the potential for injuries, They always seem to end up beating each other black and blue, regardless of who wins. You may recall that horrifying hit Ben took last year, which he still refers to as the hardest he's ever been hit.

Preacher 10-28-2007 08:07 PM

THE GAME IS HERE!!!

Sorry, I am excited... it is the first NFL game I will have ever gone to! I have been waiting for this game for the last six plus months!!!

fansince'76 10-28-2007 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 313501)
THE GAME IS HERE!!!

Sorry, I am excited... it is the first NFL game I will have ever gone to! I have been waiting for this game for the last six plus months!!!

That's right - I forgot you were going to that game. Have a great time! :cheers:

Edman 10-28-2007 08:20 PM

No doubt it will be a battle. Even if the Rats are nowhere near as good as they were last year.

Like I said, this will be one of those games that defines Tomlin as a coach and the 2007 Steelers as a team. You have a division rival who demolished you a year before coming to town on National TV in front of all the bright lights. I'm sure the players remember last year's beatdown.

It's redemption time for the Steelers. Beat the Craptimore Ratbirds.

Atlanta Dan 10-28-2007 08:27 PM

Quote:

THE GAME IS HERE!!!

Congrats - not a bad first NFL game experience - a Monday Night Ravens game + I believe the all-time team gets introduced in pre-game or at halftime - Heinz should be rocking :cheers:

Only downside is the throwback unis are making a return appearance:sofunny:

Black@Gold Forever32 10-28-2007 08:36 PM

Very cool Preacher have a great time...I have only been to four Steelers games in my life...Two during the 1997 season when I lived in Pittsburgh for the year...My uncle had season tickets....then went to the Indy monday night in 2005 and then last year on Christmas Eve made my first trip to Heinz Field...Saw the Ravens destroy us but still had a great time...Its a great site when you see that stadium and field.....So have a great time and take lots of pics...I want to see them....

Haiku_Dirtt 10-28-2007 08:51 PM

Quote:

THE GAME IS HERE!!!

I'm making my annual pilgrimage to Heinz Field for the next two games too.

PRIMETIME BABY. I'm looking for 3-4 TD's in this game. 24-10

Preacher 10-28-2007 08:53 PM

Thanks all...

Didn't mean to make the thread about me... I am just so excited to go!!!

However, I will say I chose a great game!!!

I am not sure how it would get better then that!!! Oh yeah, they wear their REAL UNIFORMS!!