Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers: Worst 5-2 team in history. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=20864)

Edman 10-28-2007 07:08 PM

Steelers: Worst 5-2 team in history.

At least, that's the vibe I get whenever I hear people talk about this team's win today. Such negativity. Or maybe it's seeing the Pats dominate teams causing an inferiority/insecurity complex among Steeler fans. I thought the O-Line played decently today. The Steelers D tried a more conventional approach: They bent but didn't break. Against a potent O like Cincy, that works wonders. Cincy put up 13 points today. Compared to last week, that's an improvement. Get off the D.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=68#s=68&f=1897&t=1307855

RoethlisBURGHer 10-28-2007 07:15 PM

Re: Steelers: Worst 5-2 team in history.

Some people want us blowing teams out 52-3. That's what the Patriots and Colts are doing. The Patriots and Colts are the two teams everyone thinks are gonna play for the AFC Championship. Therefore we suck because we are not the Patriots or Colts.

X-Terminator 10-28-2007 07:23 PM

What else would you expect? We ARE talking about Steelers fans, after all. Some of them are never happy unless they're bitching about something, and can't accept that there might be another team(s) out there who is better than the Steelers.

Here's the bottom line, and I hope the team is taking this to heart - don't worry about what everyone else is doing, and only control what YOU can control. Just take care of business week in and week out, and let the chips fall where they may.

NV STEELERS 723 10-28-2007 07:28 PM

Don't worry about what other people think, especially some dorks from another forum...

It's a "W" ... Besides Tomlin has more class than to run the score up like the Pats do...their game was well in hand at 24-0....

Atlanta Dan 10-28-2007 07:32 PM

This team is a very good team in a season featuring one great team and one potentially legendary team.

Merrill Hoge had a good observation on ESPN this evening - the Steelers can approach elite level if Ben raises the level of his game, which Hoge says involves Ben not making the dumb turnover.

If Ben does not throw the horrible INT the Steelers go up 24-6 and today's game is over in the third quarter. That was 2 plays after Ben ran out of bounds on 1st down rather than force something - unfortunately Ben still tries to make the play when nothing is there if he thinks he needs to force something - that leads to great plays like the completion in the first half when he was falling down with a Bengal hanging on to his leg, but 3 out of the last 4 games have seen 2006 Ben making return appearances with forced INTs.

This team goes as far as Ben can take it - at his current level of play that is a first round playoff win and a not particularly close loss in indy or New England after that. Which candidly is about what should be expected with the talent level of this team, as it was for the Oilers and Bengals when they played against the Steelers in the 70s.

No shame in that, unlike what the Bengals and Bears are pulling this season.

Haiku_Dirtt 10-28-2007 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edman (Post 313463)
At least, that's the vibe I get whenever I hear people talk about this team's win today. Such negativity.
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=68#s=68&f=1897&t=1307855

Anybody who expects us to just make the playoffs and work at rebuliding a Top Tier offensive line this offseason should be seriously stoked with 5-2.

Willie Parker didn't have one rush for a loss. (But of course we were playing in Cincinatti.) Ben threw fewer than 30 times. Heath Miller is solid 20 yards downfield. Santonio Holmes is showing a sly reliability. Hines is playing like Hines. And the OC is speeding up the tempo. And it's a rebuilding year.

James Harrison battle axed Kenny Watson and stole his dream of putting 100 on our D. And then add insult to injury Levi Jones clubbing him with his knee. Classic play.

I hope we don't get caught looking beyond the Ravens for the game against the Browns.:smile:

Black@Gold Forever32 10-28-2007 07:42 PM

I don't like looking ahead and really there is no need to do so....There is a ton of football left to crown anybody.....Yes the Steelers are far from perfect and even I lost my cool after the Broncos loss......I wasn't bad after the Cards loss...I expected a loss in that game due to the Whisenhunt factor but the Broncos loss really ate at me and I even requested that I be banned at my other Steelers site...which they did and I don't care....lol

Haiku_Dirtt 10-28-2007 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan (Post 313472)
If Ben does not throw the horrible INT .

And no matter how great a game he plays his history of making unthinkable mistakes at unmistakeable moments is on the record.

But since I'm hearing that we can only finish third in the AFC this season Ben has about 10 months fix history.

Black@Gold Forever32 10-28-2007 07:55 PM

Really all this talk about Ben and the one INT he threw today has to stop...I don't think Weeb Ewbank back in the day got on Johnny Unitas case every time he threw a pick...lol He threw one INT...let it go......Now if he would have thrown multi INTs and lost the game then by all means discuss on how Ben needs to improve his decision making....lol

He is light years ahead of last year so I'm fine with Ben so far this year.....

I ask what would the Steelers record be without Ben? Yes Batch is fine backup but I don't think he can make some of the plays Ben makes week in and week out....

Preacher 10-28-2007 07:56 PM

Funny thing...

All it takes is one bad play for either the Colts OR the Pats to lose thier single biggest player...

Is that what I want? No. Just saying that NO ONE knows what will happen.