Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers Release Colclough (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=20921)

83-Steelers-43 10-30-2007 02:10 PM

Steelers Release Colclough

Steelers release cornerback Colclough
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers today released fourth-year cornerback Ricardo Colclough, the team's second-round draft pick in 2004.

The roster move made room for the team to resign second-year cornerback Anthony Madison to their active roster.

Madison (5-9, 180) was signed as a rookie free agent out of Alabama and played in 12 games for the Steelers in 2006, recording three defensive tackles and 10 special teams tackles. He was released after training camp this year and spent a week with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers before being waived Sept. 12.

Colclough (5-11, 195) played in three games this year and had one special teams tackle. For his career, he had one interception and 33 defensive tackles.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07303/829685-66.stm

Sharkissle29 10-30-2007 02:14 PM

Re: Steelers Release Colclough

all i have to say is, "ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!!"

GeneralRobinson 10-30-2007 02:14 PM

Can't say I'm surprised. His lack of containment on kick off coverage this past Sunday contributed to two long runbacks by Cincinnati.

fansince'76 10-30-2007 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by St33lers (Post 314253)
all i have to say is, "ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!!"

The only reason they gave him 4 years is because he was a second-rounder. Oh well, can't win 'em all.

Lord Stiller 10-30-2007 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralRobinson (Post 314254)
Can't say I'm surprised. His lack on containment on kick off coverage this past Sunday contributed to two long runbacks by Cincinnati.

Thanks for the info. I saw that Colclough was dressed but didnt spot him on the field. I'm nopt surprised at all he blew the kickoff coverage, he has always shy'ed away from contact.

BlastFurnace 10-30-2007 02:19 PM

He will be on the Ravens, Patriots, or Browns roster within one week.

Not that he deserves it...it just seems to always work out that way with one of those teams. If Bellichick can coach Poteat into covering Burress...who knows what he can do with Colclough.

He is the Steven Conley of DB's. Great athlete, can't play.

GeneralRobinson 10-30-2007 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlastFurnace (Post 314258)

Who?

The Duke 10-30-2007 02:36 PM

about friggin time. but now who will return our punts :flap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlastFurnace (Post 314258)
Not that he deserves it...it just seems to always work out that way. If Bellichick can coach Poteat into covering Burress...who knows what he can do with Colclough.

Great example. yes colclough is athletic, but he just can't cover nobody. maybe some team can make something out of him, I'm just glad it's not us anymore

Lord Stiller 10-30-2007 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke (Post 314263)
about friggin time. but now who will return our punts :flap:

Great example. yes colclough is athletic, but he just can't cover nobody. maybe some team can make something out of him, I'm just glad it's not us anymore

his tackling is even worse than his coverage

and we have all seen his punt return skills

I doubt Colclough ever gets on another team

HometownGal 10-30-2007 02:49 PM

Coke was definitely a bust. I'm not at all surprised by this move.

His phone will be ringing this afternoon and Wiz will be on the other end.