Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Adrian Peterson single game rushing record (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=21021)

tony hipchest 11-04-2007 03:26 PM

Adrian Peterson single game rushing record

ive always been sold and its evident all the hype is true. peterson is the best back drafted since LT.

in their 1st head to head matchup, peterson is destroying tomlinson with 30/296yds/3td compated to 16/40yds/1td for tomlinson.

i think the offensive rookie of the year is sewn up. the rushing title is there for the taking. and to think the browns passed on this kid and woulda taken brady quinn ahead of him. :thumbsup:

adrian kneels at the end to give him 295 which i believe is tied w/dillon.

Hines0wnz 11-04-2007 03:27 PM

Re: Adrian Peterson single game rushing record

He's on my FF team. :cheers:

HometownGal 11-04-2007 03:27 PM

Adrian is an outstanding RB. I would have been killing my opponent in one of my FFL's today had it not been for Peterson. :dang::dang:

tony hipchest 11-04-2007 03:30 PM

nfl.com gametracker says he has 296 yds. record or not, its an impressive game against a defense that was thought to be premier.

Hines0wnz 11-04-2007 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HometownGal (Post 315666)
Adrian is an outstanding RB. I would have been killing my opponent in one of my FFL's today had it not been for Peterson. :dang::dang:

I forgot to start him a few weeks ago when he had that other 200+ yard game. :dang:

fansince'76 11-04-2007 03:46 PM

Hopefully this finally lays to rest the notion that the Bolts are still an "elite team" in the AFC that just got off to a slow start.

RoethlisBURGHer 11-04-2007 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 315660)
adrian kneels at the end to give him 295 which i believe is tied w/dillon.

It's being reported on Yahoo that he had 296 yards, which gives him the record.

And he broke Jamal Lewis' record of 295 yards which he rushed for against the Browns in his 2,000 yard season.

Crushzilla 11-04-2007 04:50 PM

This is certainly going to bury Willie's chances at the rushing title, but I would rather take the playoff birth that the Fast One is going to give us :thumbsup:

Single player accolades are for the birds (and the Bengals). I'll take our record.

Godfather 11-04-2007 06:39 PM

Good! I've been rooting for someone to erase the drug dealer from the record book.

xXTheSteelKingsXx 11-04-2007 06:52 PM

I really liked Peterson comming out of college but I had no idea he was going to be this good this quickly.