Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rate your favorite "Mystery Call" of the game (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2104)

Suitanim 10-12-2005 05:11 PM

Rate your favorite "Mystery Call" of the game

No need for a poll, this is an open mike post...kind of a "vent your spleen" forum...

Mine was the "Recatch" on the fair catch. I've watched a Helluva lot of football (played for about 10 years, too), and I have never, ever seen or heard anything as ridiculous as the muffed punt being awarded to the team who muffed it, rule or not.

Honorable mention goes to the phantom touch that never happened on Wards 47 Yd TD.

I know there were more...let's hear 'em!

tony hipchest 10-12-2005 05:15 PM

Re: Rate your favorite "Mystery Call" of the game

forward pass/ fumble. looked incorrect but cowher was smart enough to know it wouldnt have been overturned (actually cowhers people upstairs) that was bens 1st turn over this year damnit!

I.C. Lights 10-12-2005 05:33 PM

Wow, there's so many to choose from in this game...but I'm going with Ward's TD that was SO obvious and yet the refs couldn't handle the truth.

My honorable mention goes to all of the holding calls (and non holding calls) collectively. Apparently, the refs were either really confused, or were using holding penalties as a device to chip away at us both offensively and defensively.

Suitanim 10-12-2005 07:32 PM

Yes, that's a good one...wasn't Hartings called on the first drive for holding when he wasn't holding?

Suitanim 10-12-2005 07:39 PM

Saw this on another BB and thought it was very, very clever...

The "Ball Hits You In The Face But Nobody Else Can Touch It" rule?

Please add your suggestions here and I'll pass them along to the NFL.

SteelR1 10-12-2005 09:13 PM

The muffed punt needs to be looked at in the offseason. Yes you are allowed a FAIR chance to catch the ball, that's why it's called a FAIR catch. You should get a chance, not CHANCES!!

The Hines touchdown should not have been overturned, if the call on the field was that he was down I dont think it would have been over ruled. There was no way UNDISBUTALBE evidence that he was touched, play should have stood as called. TOUCHDOWN!!

The holding calls were out of this world, on both sides of the ball. The Chargers were getting the same calls, not sure want the officials wanted to prove but this is FOOTBALL not dance class.

Prosdo 10-12-2005 10:55 PM

Mine is definitely the Hines Ward touchdown.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 10-12-2005 11:00 PM

Hines Ward touchdown
no way did he touch his foot.
i replayed it 20 times....its close but doesnt touch