Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   MISSING: those who predicted "sophmore slump" (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2105)

tony hipchest 10-12-2005 05:29 PM

MISSING: those who predicted "sophmore slump"
 
funny how none of this talk was applied to c. palmer (yes its his 3rd year) or eli manning. if the steelers would have went 10-6 and lost a wild card game i bet this "sophmore slump" wouldve never been mentionned. its like ben was the only qb who had no potential upside. can we all agree that if he went to the cardinals last year he too could throw for almost 400 yds and put up numbers like mccown. hell rattay threw for 400+ yds last year and bulger always puts up huge numbers. where has that gotten him. even today ben is looked at like someone who can only throw it 25 times or they lose. whats wrong with 25 pass attempts if you have a 120+ qb rating and throw for more yds/attempt than anyone else?

Suitanim 10-12-2005 05:33 PM

Re: MISSING: those who predicted "sophmore slump"
 
Four games does not a season make, but, yeah, there's no doubt he's for real.

Hell, I left my old Steelers message board of 8 years over our own fans dooming and glooming about Ben and the team slumping this year.

Hammer67 10-12-2005 05:36 PM

Re: MISSING: those who predicted "sophmore slump"
 
That kind of shit makes me sick. Bandwagon fans. Same thing with Joe Paterno. "Oh He should retire!!! WAAAAHHH!" As if all of a sudden the guy fogot how to coach.

People are dumb and journalists need to create controversy to sell papers.

Regards,

Hammer

Koopa 10-12-2005 05:44 PM

Re: MISSING: those who predicted "sophmore slump"
 
all that matters is the W, so who cares if he doesn't throw 40 times a game, ben is for real regardless of what ppl want to think, they just all haters downin his shine cause he don't play for their team, i'll take 11 pass attempts and the W any day of the week. and ben has improved a lot this season, he's actually thrown for 200+ yards each game last season he only did 5 times.

tony hipchest 10-12-2005 05:49 PM

Re: MISSING: those who predicted "sophmore slump"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KingKoopa
all that matters is the W, so who cares if he doesn't throw 40 times a game, ben is for real regardless of what ppl want to think, they just all haters downin his shine cause he don't play for their team, i'll take 11 pass attempts and the W any day of the week. and ben has improved a lot this season, he's actually thrown for 200+ yards each game last season he only did 5 times.

you said it right there! 200+ every outing whereas you look at the qb's who throw for 300= its usually in a losing effort. unless its manning of course. brady's done alright chucking the ball too but we wont mention that cause its dink and dunk.

Suitanim 10-12-2005 05:51 PM

Re: MISSING: those who predicted "sophmore slump"
 
Well, let's play the haters game for a second...As things stand now, statistically, the Steelers will be 12-4, probably win the division with at least a bye and a homegame, and Ben will have thrown 28 TD's against 0 INT's, and have thrown for nearly 4,000 yards.

We can play these games either way, W/L or stats.

tony hipchest 10-12-2005 06:11 PM

Re: MISSING: those who predicted "sophmore slump"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
Well, let's play the haters game for a second...As things stand now, statistically, the Steelers will be 12-4, probably win the division with at least a bye and a homegame, and Ben will have thrown 28 TD's against 0 INT's, and have thrown for nearly 4,000 yards.

We can play these games either way, W/L or stats.

thats interresting. i havent projected his stats through the course of the season and would gladly accept 3200, 20 td and 10 int. its way to early in the season to get excited but so hard not too, despite his injuries. hes taken some hard licks for the team (probably to avoid those costly turnovers)

Suitanim 10-12-2005 06:21 PM

Re: MISSING: those who predicted "sophmore slump"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest
thats interresting. i havent projected his stats through the course of the season and would gladly accept 3200, 20 td and 10 int. its way to early in the season to get excited but so hard not too, despite his injuries. hes taken some hard licks for the team (probably to avoid those costly turnovers)

After 4 games its easy...just take all his current numbers X 4. It's just as scientific as every other nattering nabob of negativism projecting their own desires for Ben to fail into their prognastication, actually, maybe a little moreso...

tony hipchest 10-12-2005 06:26 PM

Re: MISSING: those who predicted "sophmore slump"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
After 4 games its easy...just take all his current numbers X 4. It's just as scientific as every other nattering nabob of negativism projecting their own desires for Ben to fail into their prognastication, actually, maybe a little moreso...

culpepper is in for a world of hurt :grin: i can see ben staying on par with those numbers (actually 3500 and 24 td seems more reasonable) i think culpepper can shake the pace of suckiness he is putting up.

bengalsfan21 10-12-2005 06:31 PM

Re: MISSING: those who predicted "sophmore slump"
 
I predicted a slump,a nd as of now I was wrong and hope to stay wrong.........2 Future hall of famers in the same division will be nasty all the time, the games will be great for a while with our QB's :cheers:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum