Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New career highs for Ben Roethlisberger (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=21069)

RoethlisBURGHer 11-06-2007 12:31 AM

New career highs for Ben Roethlisberger

Ben Roethlisberger set career highs tonight in TD passes in a game (5) and TD passes in a season (20).

Ben is on pace to break Terry Bradshaw's record of 28 TD passes in a season.

Just figured I'd let y'all know.

MasterOfPuppets 11-06-2007 12:34 AM

Re: New career highs for Ben Roethlisberger

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer (Post 317372)
Ben Roethlisberger set career highs tonight in TD passes in a game (5) and TD passes in a season (20).

looks like a few of the 75th teamers are gonna loose records this year...

Black@Gold Forever32 11-06-2007 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer (Post 317372)

I have made the prediction the last two years that Ben would become the first Steelers QB to throw for 30 TD passes in a season....Didn't come close last year but Ben will throw for 30 TDs this year no doubt....He isn't just on pace to break Terry's record...He is on pace to shatter it....He has 20 in 8 games....He is actually on pace for 40...lol Don't think he gets to 40 but 34-35 sounds right.....

Steelman16 11-06-2007 12:37 AM

Hopefully the hip injury is minor, because I think Ben can easily smash that record, and maybe even catch up to Brady if we do that every game. :tt02:

Big Ben is a man's QB. Almost all of his big plays came on breaking D-Line tackles and eluding LB'ers for a TD pass. That first pass to Miller was insane. I'd like to see if Tom "Terrific" Brady could do that!

RoethlisBURGHer 11-06-2007 12:37 AM

Ben will shatter Bradshaw's TD/season record.

Ward will become the all-time greatest reciever in Steelers history when he surpasses Stallworth's career TD and Yardage records this season.

Damn, what a way to celebrate 75 seasons of Steelers football.

The Duke 11-06-2007 12:38 AM

he also had his second game with a perfect rating (158.3)

steel striker 11-06-2007 12:49 AM

What a game for Ben and the steelers! Ben is a special player and, I think now some of the so called experts are seeing what we have known since 2004 Ben is a very good QB. Now we just have to care of business next week with the pumpkins heads. Let's wave those terrible towles with pride! :tt02:

Galax Steeler 11-06-2007 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke (Post 317387)
he also had his second game with a perfect rating (158.3)

That rating says it all hell of a game.

Godfather 11-06-2007 08:31 AM

The most amazing thing: His 5 touchdowns tied the team record held by Bradshaw (no surprise) and MALONE! :jawdrop:

Another suprising stat: the QB with the lowest career interceptions per pass...Neil O'Donell.

Kvnfaber 11-06-2007 09:19 AM

There is no other quarterback in this league who can shrug off a bear hug from a 280 lb. man and launch a touchdown to the back of the end zone. Oh yeah, he did it multiple times too.

In the city that is known for it's toughness, Ben makes us proud.