Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Time Changed for Patriots-Steelers Game (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=21108)

alittlejazzbird 11-06-2007 03:49 PM

Time Changed for Patriots-Steelers Game

You heard it here first:

The Steelers' Dec. 9 game against the New England Patriots on Dec. 9 has been moved from 1 to 4:15 p.m. as part of the flexible scheduling the NFL employs after the 10th week of the season.
The flexibility in scheduling allows CBS and FOX to get better games in the late afternoon slots.

The Steelers-Patriots game in New England is shaping up to be a big one. The Patriots are 9-0 and could still be undefeated when the 6-2 Steelers visit them.

The game will be televised by CBS.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/trib.../s_536600.html

HometownGal 11-06-2007 03:53 PM

Re: Time Changed for Patriots-Steelers Game

Thanks, jazz. :cheers:

Yep - it's going to be a big game. Our black 'n gold is going to put an end to the Cheatsies undefeated season.

History is going to repeat itself! :tt02:

alittlejazzbird 11-06-2007 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HometownGal (Post 317832)
Thanks, jazz. :cheers:

Yep - it's going to be a big game. Our black 'n gold is going to put an end to the Cheatsies undefeated season.

History is going to repeat itself! :tt02:

Your lips to God's ears, HTG......:tt02:

tony hipchest 11-06-2007 03:56 PM

expect more of this patriot nut gobbling. yesterday they had their game against the bills moved to the primetime sunday night slot. the league just needs to get it over with now and move all patriot games to sunday night and all cowboy games to monday.

Atlanta Dan 11-06-2007 04:02 PM

I guess CBS got to grab that game before NBC could move it to Sunday night. Definitely a late afternoon quality game.

If the Pats are 15-0 the Giants game to end the regular season is a Saturday night game on NFL Network that most viewers outside of New York & New england will not get.

Green Bay-Dallas also unavailable outside of local viewing areas to anyone not having NFL Network. NFL appears to be keeping its best product away from many viewers since the cable companies are not budging off requiring NFL Network to go on an extra cost sports tier.

jjpro11 11-06-2007 04:09 PM

son of a bitch.. the browns are playing at 4:15 too.. now i gotta go to the bar with a bunch of browns fans and bandwagon patriots fans.

The Duke 11-06-2007 04:14 PM

New game of the century? :hunch:

:sofunny:

Should be a fun game, I was hoping for prime time game though

Atlanta Dan 11-06-2007 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 317835)
expect more of this patriot nut gobbling. yesterday they had their game against the bills moved to the primetime sunday night slot. the league just needs to get it over with now and move all patriot games to sunday night and all cowboy games to monday.

NFL presumably wants 18-0 Pats going for perfection against Green Bay or Dallas in the SB. I could handle Pats-Favre but Pats-Dallas or Pats-Giants would be tough to watch - I rooted for Dallas against the Pats several weeks ago and felt soiled by the experience.

Did you catch Kornheiser & Jaworski making it a point to say as the halftime ceremonies ended last night how people across the nation like the Steelers and the 70s dynasty? I took that as a not particularly subtle shot that the NFL sees it has a problem with its current uber-team having such a hateful coach and increasingly bitchy QB and owner (who had the gall to whine about the "fake" crowd noise after all the crap that has gone down in Foxboro).

Hines0wnz 11-06-2007 04:17 PM

More time for the cheaters to review tape?

alittlejazzbird 11-06-2007 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjpro11 (Post 317846)
son of a bitch.. the browns are playing at 4:15 too.. now i gotta go to the bar with a bunch of browns fans and bandwagon patriots fans.

And I just realized that because of that Browns game (v. Jets), I will have the, um, pleasure of watching the one-win Jets instead of my Steelers. Are you KIDDING me???????? Oh, the unfairness of it all.....................