Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Do Steelers have a shot? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=21150)

The Duke 11-07-2007 06:11 PM

Do Steelers have a shot?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7418962

just scroll down a bit to where it says Do Steelers have a shot? and avoid that Shula-Pats crap :wink02:

It's obvious the losses to the cards and broncos put the question mark on this team by many people, but hey, anything can happen, especially in the NFL.

Some things stand out in this article though

Quote:

Pittsburgh has a very good offensive line right now. In fact, the line probably is better than Peyton Manning's.
Ben's elusiveness must be blinding some people, that o line never gives him any time and it is not near Manning's line

Quote:

There is no way that Pittsburgh can run the table -- beating both Indianapolis and New England in January -- and show up in Arizona for Super Bowl XLII.
:coffee: 2005 playoffs, nobody thought they would make it and now they have the trophy to shut everyone's mouth. seems like some people just don't get it, anything can happen in the NFL

BlastFurnace 11-07-2007 06:15 PM

Re: Do Steelers have a shot?

I wish people would quit "crowning" the Patriots as the greatest team ever and unbeatable. Just comparing the teams from the 1990's forward where the players were similar in size and physical ability, the 1992-3 Cowboys or the 1994 49'ers would beat the living daylights out of them.

The 2005 Colts were supposedly unbeatable as well...and look what happened.

fansince'76 11-07-2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke (Post 318420)
It's obvious the losses to the cards and broncos put the question mark on this team....

I have no problem with that, but what pisses me off is how Dallas is supposedly an "elite" team despite lucking out big time against Buffalo after we kicked them all over the field. If we ain't "elite," neither are the Cowboys.

Steelers 11-07-2007 06:21 PM

Of course the Steelers have a shot. They're gonna win the AFC North by a landslide and head into the playoffs with a chip on their shoulder because of the Colts/Pats attention.

Arizona's coach was Steelers personnel this time last year and we only lost by a score.
We lost by 3 to Denver after showing a lot of heart at the end.

I don't want to jinx it, but we're witnessing something special this season.

stillers4me 11-07-2007 06:31 PM

hmmmmmmm.......and a sixth seed team could never win the Suberbowl, either. :hunch:

skinart82 11-07-2007 06:38 PM

Anything can happen on a Sunday

Crushzilla 11-07-2007 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelers (Post 318430)
I don't want to jinx it, but we're witnessing something special this season.

Even if things don't go our way this season, this is a very good, young team. Yes. We have some positions with some age, linebackers for one, but there is great talent in the wings.

This squad shows flashes of brilliance, even if that brilliance isn't there in a playoff game that ends our season abruptly I feel great about where this francise is continuing to head.

Crushzilla 11-07-2007 06:44 PM

To elaborate on my point, teams like New England, though very good this year, are on the way out. Their defense is OLD and its only a matter of time before they start dropping (I know this has been said for years, but seriously, it has to happen). Then it doesn't matter how good the offense is (Ala Bengal) because the defense will be liquid.

Besides, Randy Moss is going to break the bank if they resign him, don't expect him to be so cooperative this time around, now that he's proven again.

Dragonrider 11-07-2007 07:31 PM

Least we forget and I think all the pundits have. The core of this team won the Superbowl. So do we have a chance? Absolutely. We just need to keep building each week and get on that roll again. I don't think the weather will be a factor and the patriots depend on that. The "elite" teams are all beatable. So don't worry about what the so called experts say. Bottom line is we still have to play the games.

slippy 11-07-2007 07:43 PM

there is no way the pats or colts D is better than PIT, as quoted in the article. boy did those pats LBers look ancient against the colts.

pats are playing great right now and wil be tough to beat. the colts, while playing well as usual, are still a ? in the playoffs because of manning's fragile postseason psyche, (outside of last year, when they actually played as a team).

IMO manning and brady are great QBs, but i don't see either of them making "THE TACKLE". manning is a wuss and brady is @#$(*&^%$ slow.