Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers not the Same Team Either!!! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=21213)

SteelDogFan 11-10-2007 03:46 PM

Steelers not the Same Team Either!!!

Every where I look. Every NFL Site or TV show I watch the same thing is said; the Cleveland Browns are not the same team they were in week 1 against the Steelers. What i say to that is why aren't they. The only team they played with a winning record beat them buy 14.

Two of the teams they played were 0-8. I know they are putting up some numbers but until they play the Steelers I think the we should reserve saying things like, they are now the team that is going to challenge the Steelers in the NFC North. I'm not taking away from their good season but hold on a minute. The Ravens and the Bengals will be good again next year.

The Steelers on the other hand have improved in all areas and Ben is seeing the field better than ever. The defense is playing lights out and with Ward back at full strength the offense will be hitting on all cylinders. I'd say that you could make the statement that the Steelers are also not the same team they were in week 1.

stillers4me 11-10-2007 04:18 PM

Re: Steelers not the Same Team Either!!!

Absolutely!! As Tomlin said, this team is a work in progress......I think the Steelers are like that nearly every year. They tweak throughout the first half of the season and then come out exploding on all cylinders at the end............just in time for the Patsies and the playoffs. (sound familiar?) :thumbsup:

PalmerSteel 11-10-2007 04:29 PM

dont worry, its only a matter of time before the brownies are put back in to their misery: :tt02:

http://www.espn.go.com/media/pg2/200.../miserynfl.jpg

j-dawg 11-10-2007 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelDogFan (Post 319478)
Every where I look. Every NFL Site or TV show I watch the same thing is said; the Cleveland Browns are not the same team they were in week 1 against the Steelers. What i say to that is why aren't they. The only team they played with a winning record beat them buy 14.

Two of the teams they played were 0-8. I know they are putting up some numbers but until they play the Steelers I think the we should reserve saying things like, they are now the team that is going to challenge the Steelers in the NFC North. I'm not taking away from their good season but hold on a minute. The Ravens and the Bengals will be good again next year.

The Steelers on the other hand have improved in all areas and Ben is seeing the field better than ever. The defense is playing lights out and with Ward back at full strength the offense will be hitting on all cylinders. I'd say that you could make the statement that the Steelers are also not the same team they were in week 1.

first off, the seahawks had a winning record coming into cleveland browns stadium and they lost by 3... but the important thing is that they lost... we won and a W is all that's important. as for the teams we beat that had subpar records ... i guess i could ramble off how the steelers LOST to the cardinals and broncos but what's the point?
here's to a good game tomorrow! :cheers:

ShutDown24 11-10-2007 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-dawg (Post 319568)
first off, the seahawks had a winning record coming into cleveland browns stadium and they lost by 3... but the important thing is that they lost... we won and a W is all that's important. as for the teams we beat that had subpar records ... i guess i could ramble off how the steelers LOST to the cardinals and broncos but what's the point?
here's to a good game tomorrow! :cheers:

Theres only one problem, it won't be.

Borski 11-10-2007 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelDogFan (Post 319478)

Since when did we move? they can have the NFC North for all I care, I dont see how they'll get it though :wink02:

NV STEELERS 723 11-10-2007 09:58 PM

The clowns can score, but they can't score against a D like ours...we will beat them up again....31-10

Borski 11-10-2007 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NV STEELERS 723 (Post 319572)
The clowns can score, but they can't score against a D like ours...we will beat them up again....31-10

I'd love to rackup another 41-0 game against them but that might blow our cover of being under the radar.

HometownGal 11-10-2007 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NV STEELERS 723 (Post 319572)

Their problem isn't scoring (though I don't believe they'll get more than 14-17 on our D). They can't keep the other team from scoring more points and that is going to be their downfall.

Rhee Rhee 11-10-2007 10:58 PM

I cannot agreee more steeldogfan and i also think that each and every one of our players is just improving game after game after game