Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Special Teams (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=21230)

Steeldude 11-11-2007 03:24 PM

Special Teams

who is the special teams' coach? that is the kind of kickoff/punt return coverage you see in pee wee football. the entire steelers' team bottlenecks each time. have they ever heard of containment?

the steelers were very lucky today.

The Duke 11-11-2007 03:31 PM

Re: Special Teams

bob ligasheky?

something has to be done soon or we'll lose games cause our ST sucks

SteelCurtain 11-11-2007 03:33 PM

the special teams coverage was horrendous today...they definitely need to get this problem fixed immediately. Not to pick on Reed too much because i know he is just a kicker, but c'mon man you can do a better job of trying tackle the returner than that....

xXTheSteelKingsXx 11-11-2007 03:36 PM

Also wondering why cant Reed boot the ball any further than he does. I know I've seen him kick it into the endzone before.

RunWillieRun 11-11-2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXTheSteelKingsXx (Post 320558)
Also wondering why cant Reed boot the ball any further than he does. I know I've seen him kick it into the endzone before.

He must have stopped taking his HGH....:sofunny:

But seriously he was booting it much better earlier this year

Borski 11-11-2007 03:41 PM

well you couldn't ask for much better from him when he got it at the one, ST shoulda stopped them at the 5-10 yard line but instead they ran it back through our craptastic ST coverage for a TD

fansince'76 11-11-2007 03:42 PM

What is really disconcerting is all the emphasis they have supposedly been placing on STs this year. :dang:

Steeldude 11-11-2007 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXTheSteelKingsXx (Post 320558)

i believe he was told after the first long return to kick them short.

the two returns were 90 and 100 yards.

jjpro11 11-11-2007 03:48 PM

im still dumbfounded that they got that 100 yard return when he should have been knocked out at the 5. unbelievable. cribbs just has our number.

Steelers 11-11-2007 03:49 PM

There were definitely times in that game where I would've directed them to kick it out of bounds. Cribbs was crazy.