Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Defense V.S. Clowns (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=21237)

steelpride12 11-11-2007 07:13 PM

Defense V.S. Clowns

I was at the game today against the Browns great win, but something us steeler fans notice....Where was the blitz.

We blitzed prob. 4 times the whole entire game and Anderson had all the time in the world which prob. the reason they had 21 honest points.

Did anyone else notice that?

Rhee Rhee 11-11-2007 07:18 PM

Re: Defense V.S. Clowns

i definitely noticed i kinda figured we were doing the samething we did against seattle and cinci where we just let out secondary put the LOCKDOWN on them recievers... idk if we can do it against new england but its working against everyone else.

tony hipchest 11-11-2007 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhee Rhee (Post 320781)
i definitely noticed i kinda figured we were doing the samething we did against seattle and cinci where we just let out secondary put the LOCKDOWN on them recievers... idk if we can do it against new england but its working against everyone else.

:yep:

the lack of a blitz allowed the clowns to torch us for 16/35 and 123 yds passing, and a grand total of 40 yds rushing.

:hunch: why blitz and get burnt long?

if its not broke, dont fix it.

RunWillieRun 11-11-2007 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 320786)
:yep:

the lack of a blitz allowed the clowns to torch us for 16/35 and 123 yds passing, and a grand total of 40 yds rushing.

:toofunny:

I'll admit that I was yelling at the TV when I saw how pathetic our pass rush was today but then I thought about it...why risk a big screen plass play or something on a blitz when the secondary is playing shutdown defense all day?

Rhee Rhee 11-11-2007 07:32 PM

i dont hink you can compare randy, stallworth and welker with braylon, juerivicious, and winslow... besides derek anderson with tom brady? i dont kno if we can have the success we had against cleveland with NE

MasterOfPuppets 11-11-2007 07:47 PM

0 sacks !!!......and we gave up 4 sacks to the team with the fewest in the league.....:screwy:

The Duke 11-11-2007 07:49 PM

I don't know, the cover 2 made him not able to fin receivers constantly, and his 123 yards passing prove it, well....except probably in the endzone

HometownGal 11-11-2007 07:56 PM

Point well taken guys, but I'd like see a little more pressure on the QB than what we saw today. Anderson had an eon back there today to throw the ball.

moedap 11-11-2007 08:05 PM

I like this strategy. The defense seems to be giving passers what they dont want the short underneath. I think it can work against N.E. It makes the players catching the underneath stuff be the playmakers. N.E. only has 2 receivers that can turn into playmakers catching the underneath stuff, Welker and Faulk. Moss will catch and drop. Stallworth will only get quick passes to the outside b/c they dont send him into the middle often. This style also makes Townsends presence a plus due to his smarts and makes Ike less vulnerable due to the zone blitz creating more assignments for those back in coverage as opposed to 4 rushers.

The only change I would make is on the 3rd and 9 or longer plays I would substitue Smith with Woodley.

BozMan 11-11-2007 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moedap (Post 320843)
The only change I would make is on the 3rd and 9 or longer plays I would substitue Smith with Woodley.

I agree. Woodley was supposed to be used as a situational pass rusher this year on obvious passing downs. Where was he?