Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Rivals updated Top 100 (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=21533)

revefsreleets 11-20-2007 04:06 PM

Rivals updated Top 100

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co...144&CID=719772

The Steelers wish list should include:
5. Jake Long - OT - 6'7" 320 lbs.- Michigan
Physical senior tackle has performed well on both sides of the line.

16. Michael Oher* - OT - 6'5" 325 lbs.- Mississippi
Mobile junior left tackle has the physical package to become a top-flight pro pass protector.

19. Gosder Cherilus - OT - 6'6" 320 lbs.- Boston College
Massive athletic left tackle has been a key blocker on QB Matt Ryan's blind side.

23. Ryan Clady* - OT - 6'5" 320 lbs. - Boise St
Mobile junior left tackle has been flawless against WAC speed rushers this season.

28. Sam Baker - OT - 6'4" 310 lbs. - USC
Savvy senior left tackle has struggled through a leg injury since early in the season.

The Duke 11-20-2007 06:03 PM

Re: Rivals updated Top 100

Jake Long. Do we have a chance at that guy with a 20 or higher pick?

revefsreleets 11-20-2007 06:43 PM

Sure. It all depends on needs of other teams. I really think Oher is the more realistic guy, though. And he can play G and T. As things stand right now, I'd be as happy as when we drafted Ben if we could draft Oher at pick 25-32.

Mosca 11-20-2007 09:34 PM

Frank Coyle, the owner and head scout of NFL Draft Insider, is my wife's cousin. I see him every three years or so at family functions, mostly weddings and funerals. He is a strange bird, a nice guy but football is his life. He's a huge ND fan, but he definitely doesn't let the shamrocks get in his eyes.

SteelCityMan786 11-20-2007 09:38 PM

There wish list needs a guard.

Rhee Rhee 11-21-2007 01:13 AM

O-line...another OLB DB and possesion reciever are on my wishlist.... just wish we had like 6 first round draft picks.... o well

revefsreleets 11-21-2007 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosca (Post 326230)
Frank Coyle, the owner and head scout of NFL Draft Insider, is my wife's cousin. I see him every three years or so at family functions, mostly weddings and funerals. He is a strange bird, a nice guy but football is his life. He's a huge ND fan, but he definitely doesn't let the shamrocks get in his eyes.

Phil Steele here in Cleveland is like that. He works 100 hours a week, and watches EVERY college football game on like 50 TV's he has set up in his office. But "Phil Steele's College Football Preview" is one of the most repsected, if not the most respected tome in the business.

MasterOfPuppets 11-21-2007 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 326138)
Sure. It all depends on needs of other teams. I really think Oher is the more realistic guy, though. And he can play G and T. As things stand right now, I'd be as happy as when we drafted Ben if we could draft Oher at pick 25-32.

lol....c'mon rev, stop teasin the lad. you know as well as i do that the steelers have about as good a chance as landing long,as the phins do of winning this years superbowl !!! i'm definitely on board with pickin oher. tomlin said he likes versatile players, so he's gotta look long and hard at a T / G option player.

ShutDown24 11-21-2007 03:12 PM

With Faneca going I would be thinking were looking more at guards than tackles? Colon seems to be doing a decent job besides the false starts... Unless these guys are all convertable what is the deal here?

pittsburghp8baller 11-21-2007 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutDown24 (Post 326476)
With Faneca going I would be thinking were looking more at guards than tackles? Colon seems to be doing a decent job besides the false starts... Unless these guys are all convertable what is the deal here?

i agree our tackles are doin a whole lot better than last year, guard makes more sense than another tackle