Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Painting of the endzones (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=21805)

noto45 12-02-2007 08:46 AM

Painting of the endzones

who makes the call on what goes in the endzones??? I cant stand what our endzones look like. I know its no big deal to alot of you but I loves th endzones when we played in three rivers. I also know we share the turf with Pitt but so what its onlt paint right!!!!

Atlanta Dan 12-02-2007 09:31 AM

Re: Painting of the endzones

Quote:

Originally Posted by noto45 (Post 331042)
who makes the call on what goes in the endzones??? I cant stand what our endzones look like. I know its no big deal to alot of you but I loves th endzones when we played in three rivers. I also know we share the turf with Pitt but so what its onlt paint right!!!!

Painting that field is like attempting to make paint dry on the rivers

19ward86 12-02-2007 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan (Post 331057)
Painting that field is like attempting to make paint dry on the rivers

you are probably right about that, i think we should paint our maskott that looks like bill cowher on the endzone haha.

Elvis 12-02-2007 01:59 PM

:cheer: I think that it is pathetic that we have a Mascot Anyway...

Rhee Rhee 12-02-2007 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis (Post 331140)
:cheer: I think that it is pathetic that we have a Mascot Anyway...

ditto

noto45 12-02-2007 04:25 PM

thanks for the answer?

cupcake jesus 12-02-2007 11:01 PM

I think they're not painted because Pitt uses Heinz Field as a home stadium, so the generic "Pittsburgh" in one end zone, and the diagonal lines in the opposite end zone suit both the Steelers and the Panthers. When the Steelers were at Three Rivers, the Panthers were still at Pitt Stadium.

cheers,

-the Jesus

Dynasty 12-02-2007 11:41 PM

Now i think they would be able to paint the end zones in a way that doesnt suck because the Panthers' season being over. I know they painted steelers into one end zone, but it would look cool if the painted the end zones black with Pittsburgh Steelers in them.

plenewken 12-03-2007 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cupcake jesus (Post 332482)
I think they're not painted because Pitt uses Heinz Field as a home stadium, so the generic "Pittsburgh" in one end zone, and the diagonal lines in the opposite end zone suit both the Steelers and the Panthers. When the Steelers were at Three Rivers, the Panthers were still at Pitt Stadium.

cheers,

-the Jesus

If they put FieldTurf next season (I hope they do), they can order several endzone logos and change them depending on who plays, Steelers or Pitt.

nicesteel4life 12-03-2007 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plenewken (Post 332632)
If they put FieldTurf next season (I hope they do), they can order several endzone logos and change them depending on who plays, Steelers or Pitt.

NO TURF!