Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New England Strategy Poll (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=21893)

billydunn712 12-04-2007 09:54 AM

New England Strategy Poll
 
Need everyones' help! We are debating here today about our strategy for next week. Please do not reply with your strategy cause this will just make a bigger argument. Please pick one of these strategies:

#1- Every drive we have a standard offense of run on 1st and 2nd down and pass only when necessary....

#2- Still run 75% of the game, but mix it up with the few passes...i.e.... pass on 1st down here and there with play action and screens. then run

Thanks for your help!

SteelDogFan 12-04-2007 10:19 AM

Re: New England Strategy Poll
 
Please add a third option.

#3 Pass 60 % of the time run 40% of the time.

Reason:
More Passing do to the fact that Bill B. always takes away what you do best. His defensive scheme will be to take away Willie P. first. The Steelers may end up passing over 35 times.

billydunn712 12-04-2007 10:30 AM

Re: New England Strategy Poll
 
I don't know if I want to pass that much. I was just arguing that a uniformed run every 1st and 2nd down will not beat the Pats this year.

HometownGal 12-04-2007 10:45 AM

Re: New England Strategy Poll
 
I'd have to say MIX IT UP! Balance is the key to any offensive success.

Rotorhead 12-04-2007 10:49 AM

Re: New England Strategy Poll
 
Well fortunately we have the ability to do both run and pass, but since our running game has been suspect lately, I am thinking they will spy Ben (like everyone lately) and we will be able to run more often . . . not necessarily on 1-2 downs though. So my pick is kind of #2

ChronoCross 12-04-2007 10:59 AM

Re: New England Strategy Poll
 
Always mix it up. But run up the gut, pass over the middle. Pats defense is weakest against the run up the gut, and also weakest against the pass over the middle. Eagles tore up the middle of the Pats pass defense but screwed up passing to the outside with that weak arm feely. Ravens gut running up the middle of that defense was right on the mark. Colts also ran up the gut perfectly on the pats and passed over the middle. Hit there weak spots and we will be just fine. I have faith in are defense. Two good defenses have played the pats back to back weeks and have put the hammer on the pats. It is also a short week and the pats have been taking a beating over the last two weeks even tho they have won.

The main thing is if were doing good we have to stay with the game plan. Eagles got away from passing over the middle and there game plan. Ravens went away from the run and threw a stupid pass for a INT when they should of ran it up the gut and kicked a field goal. They also lost the game from calling that stupid timeout.

Dino 6 Rings 12-04-2007 12:07 PM

Re: New England Strategy Poll
 
Evaluate the defensive formation and call the play that will work against it.

#1LambertFan 12-04-2007 12:25 PM

Re: New England Strategy Poll
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HometownGal (Post 333625)
I'd have to say MIX IT UP! Balance is the key to any offensive success.

In most cases but this isn't most cases. We need to run it up the gut and throw in a few suprise passes. Get Holmes deep and he can take on a sinle defender any day.

#1LambertFan 12-04-2007 12:27 PM

Re: New England Strategy Poll
 
So i say run 75% of the time and pass the other 25%.

billydunn712 12-04-2007 12:28 PM

Re: New England Strategy Poll
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by #1LambertFan (Post 333664)
In most cases but this isn't most cases. We need to run it up the gut and throw in a few suprise passes. Get Holmes deep and he can take on a sinle defender any day.

I agree man, I'm just saying the few times we pass can't be 3rd and long every time. Running for 1 yard or a loss every 1st and 2nd down is the reason Ben has been getting into troulbe this year. The D knows it's coming.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum