Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Injury Report (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2190)

BB2W 10-18-2005 01:10 PM

Injury Report

INJURY REPORT 10/18/05

Out: Clark Haggans (groin); Doubtful: Ricardo Colclough (shoulder), Deshea Townsend (hamstring);

Questionable: Alan Faneca (toe), Aaron Smith (back), Hines Ward (hamstring), Antwaan Randle El (foot), Cedrick Wilson (wrist), Tommy Maddox (shoulder);

Probable: James Harrison (groin), Ben Roethlisberger (knee), Clint Kriewaldt (knee), Joey Porter (quad).

That is the worst injury report I have seen in years. Deshea and Ricardo are out, and the Bengals have a great receiving core. Plus, all three of our starting WR's are questionable. Aaron Smith and Faneca are on the list, and both QB's are dinged up... not to mention four linebackers.

:injured:

Steel - X 10-18-2005 01:13 PM

Re: Injury Report

Holy crap I know it is early in the week but there are a lot of guys on that list. Wow

tony hipchest 10-18-2005 01:15 PM

looks like mcfadden and chidi will have a busy day. maybe it will be a coming out party for mcfadden

Prosdo 10-18-2005 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB2W
INJURY REPORT 10/18/05

Out: Clark Haggans (groin); Doubtful: Ricardo Colclough (shoulder), Deshea Townsend (hamstring);

Questionable: Alan Faneca (toe), Aaron Smith (back), Hines Ward (hamstring), Antwaan Randle El (foot), Cedrick Wilson (wrist), Tommy Maddox (shoulder);

Probable: James Harrison (groin), Ben Roethlisberger (knee), Clint Kriewaldt (knee), Joey Porter (quad).

That is the worst injury report I have seen in years. Deshea and Ricardo are out, and the Bengals have a great receiving core. Plus, all three of our starting WR's are questionable. Aaron Smith and Faneca are on the list, and both QB's are dinged up... not to mention four linebackers.

:injured:

Wow that questionable list is terrible. Faneca, Smith, Ward, Randle El, and Wilson. DAMN!

BB2W 10-18-2005 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest
looks like mcfadden and chidi will have a busy day. maybe it will be a coming out party for mcfadden

McFadden had a big INT against the Jags, but I don't like the thought of Chidi in there a CB...

TasmanianTroy271 10-18-2005 02:07 PM

Alan and Aaron will be in the game on sunday. If they were gonna be out we'd have heard more about it than this. And even if they do go out, I've got faith in Keisel and Kemoeatu. They're just dinged up, once they get through practice and rest on saturday they'll be ready for Sunday. Hines, Cedric and El, barring reinjury and how bad El's foot is, will most likely be in for the game. I dont think Hines'd let Cowher keep him out for 2 games in a row, especially when we're going up against Cincy. Hey, at least Ben'll be back in. That'll rally the troops and get us going. All we can do is wait and see how things pan out.

And I like seeing Ike and Bryant get to play, but I don't like seeing them line up against Jaws Johnson (that's Chad) and the other Bengals recievers. But one thing people are forgetting about is Willie. He's not that bad. He covered Chad last year, he can probably still do it. Don't count him out yet, remember, Kimo killed last game at 34, Willie could do it this time around.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 10-18-2005 05:05 PM

Im comfortable with Willie and Ike starting.
Remember the tip Ike had against the Jags. it was played perfectly
McFadden wants to be like the "train" well this week hes gonna get his chance.
I would love to see it happen.

Suitanim 10-18-2005 06:44 PM

Our CB's have an advantage that most in the NFL don't: The best safety in football in Troy. Remember his INT for a TD against his ex-teammate Palmer last year? I know he does...

BB2W 10-18-2005 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
Our CB's have an advantage that most in the NFL don't: The best safety in football in Troy. Remember his INT for a TD against his ex-teammate Palmer last year? I know he does...

That was one of the best INT returns ever!!!

I agree with your post Tas... I think most those guys will play, but I still don't like seeing so many important players less than 100%, and missing practice. I am worried about the receivers, and the thought of Chidi in coverage. We will need Chris Hope to play at his best.

BlitzburghRockCity 10-18-2005 11:31 PM

McFadden is getting indoctrinated in a big way last week and this week... he played pretty well and had a huge pick..

Yep, the coc injury doesnt worry me so much, he hasnt played much this year in big time situations..but deshea is gonne be an adjustment, he's our best cover corner. I have all the faith in the world in Willie though too so we should be ok.. pressure from the front 7 is the key to victory anyways.