Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   This is going to be a WAR!! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=21900)

OptionCoach 12-04-2007 02:05 PM

This is going to be a WAR!!

As I sit here and think about this upcoming game, I am juggling two possible philosophies:

1. THE SELL OUT: Blitz and harass Marsha all game. Hit him on every play; hurt him physically. Now, I know that this will lead to big gains, but at the same time, you set them up for our second go around. Make Marsha pay for every completion. Get them to throw all the underneath routes and have our LB's make the quick tackles. As much as I hate Tony Kornholer, he made a good point last night and said that you should be willing to give up a 100 points and just come after them. Offensively, open up with all the shit that we **HOPE** the great Arians has been keeping in his back pocket...Spread them out and vary the offensive sets with formations like Miller at X, Hines at Z, Spaeth at Y(TE) and Holmes in the slot. Let them try to cover Holmes with a LB. Run your ZOne/toss towards the twins side and let Miller crack on rodney "dickhead" harrison. Things like that. I am NOT saying that we dont play to win...more to just make fools PAY

2. STANDARDIZED TESTING: Normal game plan, situational blitzes, etc. You know, the "pull your ****ing hair out" game plan. Save it all for the playoffs: I.E the 2nd NE game...

I have a feeling that this game will be a total ****ing war of epic proportions. The NE fan base and Stiller Nation truley ****ing hate each other...OH, to be there!

What say you?

Hines0wnz 12-04-2007 02:52 PM

Re: This is going to be a WAR!!

I can agree with all that. The thing with the Steelers is that they can finish the game. The Ravens had that game all night yesterday. Even when it was tied, the Patsies didnt look confident but the Ravens just couldnt make a first down in the 4th quarter to save their life. And then that excruciating last 2 minutes of the game. If Willie is going to be considered an elite back in the NFL, this will be the game to show it. McGahee wants the respect and I know he had cramps last night but he didnt finish. If Willie can finish, the Steelers can and will win. He is the key because the Patsie aged LBs do not want to see Willie running at them in the 4th qtr.

19ward86 12-04-2007 02:53 PM

i predict the score to be 24-17 steelers and i think the steelers wll gain an early lead which will cause the victory.

klick81 12-04-2007 03:09 PM

I'll go with option #2 please. Why show what you've got under your sleeve NOW?

Hines0wnz 12-04-2007 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klick81 (Post 333764)
I'll go with option #2 please. Why show what you've got under your sleeve NOW?

We have more than run run pass? :jawdrop:

steelpride12 12-04-2007 03:48 PM

Lets just hope our defense comes out strong and not like they did against the Bungles because an early lead for the Pats is never good while playing catch-up!

tony hipchest 12-04-2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hines0wnz (Post 333769)
We have more than run run pass? :jawdrop:

:chuckle:

i like option #1 THE SELL OUT. (but not as a total game plan).

we could go vanilla still with the same plays weve been using but just disguise it with different personel groupings, and just sprinkle in a few things that have been worked on but not seen.

Elvis 12-04-2007 07:21 PM

:tt02:
Oh... This is Gonna Be
War Alright...
And I for one AM LOOKING
FORWARD TO
IT!!!
:tt02:

SteelersJW 12-04-2007 07:27 PM

We've got to absolutely pound Tom Brady from the beginning of the game to the end. We also need to shut down Wes Welker, he leads in receptions and it doesn't seem like anyone ever covers the bastard. As for the defense, they've been playing like shit. Teddy Bruschi, Vrabel, and Seau's ages are catching up to them. Nobody do anything that will piss off the Football Gods this week!!!

Edman 12-04-2007 07:45 PM

The Steelers have to be aggressive. Aggressive, Physcal teams give the Patriots fits. But they also have to be smart. The refs will call anything. Ben also has to take care of the football and Arians has to open up the offense. Now is not the time to do run-run-pass. The Patriots barely escaped against two mediocre teams. Led by A.J Feeley and Kyle Boller no less. The Steelers can beat these guys. Come out with playaction and let Ben lead the offense. Then start running that ball.

Should be a fun game. I want nothing more than the Steelers' best effort.