Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bill Cowher? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=21910)

redzone79 12-04-2007 07:13 PM

Bill Cowher?

I don't want to sound like an fair-weather fan, but I am having trouble getting as excited this year as I have in the past. Dont know if it is b/c of the new coach. Might also be b/c when I started watching the steelers Cowher was the coach. Anyway, any body hear anything about new coaching openings for Cowher?? Hope this doesnt duplicate any threads or gets moved, if it does I am sorry! :helmet::tt02::jammin::cheer: SOMEBODY PLEASE BEAT THOSE CHEATER PATRIOTS, 2 TEAMS CAME CLOSE BUT I KNOW THE STEELERS CAN DO IT!

Atlanta Dan 12-04-2007 07:15 PM

Re: Bill Cowher?

Quote:

Originally Posted by redzone79 (Post 333907)
I don't want to sound like an fair-weather fan, but I am having trouble getting as excited this year as I have in the past. Dont know if it is b/c of the new coach. Might also be b/c when I started watching the steelers Cowher was the coach. Anyway, any body hear anything about new coaching openings for Cowher?? Hope this doesnt duplicate any threads or gets moved, if it does I am sorry! :helmet::tt02::jammin::cheer: SOMEBODY PLEASE BEAT THOSE CHEATER PATRIOTS, 2 TEAMS CAME CLOSE BUT I KNOW THE STEELERS CAN DO IT!

Yeah - this year is nowhere near as enjoyable as starting the season 2-6 with a head coach who was playing out the string.

redzone79 12-04-2007 07:21 PM

yeah I miss him as a coach, the looks were classic. But it's nice seeing him as an analyst on CBS.

cubanstogie 12-04-2007 07:27 PM

I was more excited for this year to start. I've always liked Cowher, but no matter how good the coach there is always a time when change is good. I know Ben is happier and is obviously playing better. Due to health and probabley feels a weight off his shoulders. Tomlin has been criticized more recently than the start of the season, I personally couldn't be happier with him. I have disagreed with a few calls but overall the guy has been excellent. Plus I would rather listen to him in press conferences anyday. The guy is a class act. Belicheat could learn a lot from his demeanor.

redzone79 12-04-2007 07:32 PM

when your in the spotlight there is always going to be people out there that will criticize ya. The only thing that the patriots coach/players can learn is not to cheat or to not get caught cheating. someone needs to put them in there place, they are getting to ****y. And there is only 1 TEAM that can do that! Guess who?

FastWillieParker39 12-04-2007 07:46 PM

So you're not excited about what Tomlin has done and will do? You're not excited about the bright future Mike Tomlin has here in Pittsburgh?

Bill Cowher was very good here in PIttsburgh and I was sad to see him leave but he needed to go.

redzone79 12-04-2007 07:51 PM

I'm very excited about the steelers future. This year just seems to be I dont know how to explain it. I look forward to and get excited watching the game and all. I guess I dont like change but what I know is that I can't wait till next weeks game.

fansince'76 12-04-2007 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redzone79 (Post 333927)
I'm very excited about the steelers future. This year just seems to be I dont know how to explain it. I look forward to and get excited watching the game and all. I guess I dont like change but what I know is that I can't wait till next weeks game.

It sounds like you haven't adjusted to Tomlin yet, and that's perfectly understandable. I'm not sure how old you are, but if Cowher is the only Steelers HC you have ever known before this year, I'm guessing you're fairly young. Hell, I'm almost 40, and I've only known 2 other Steelers HCs besides Tomlin in my lifetime, at least since becoming a football fan. It's great to have the stability rather than a new HC every 2-3 years like a lot of teams.

Statik 12-04-2007 07:58 PM

I definitely like Tomlin to the point that if Cowher wanted to come back rejuvinated, I wouldn't want him back. I've liked seeing Tomlin on the sidelines. Only issue I have is that lately the steelers have been looking a little lethargic on the sidelines, not looking very hyped up. That'd better change for the upcoming game, but I think they will be hyped up for it.

redzone79 12-04-2007 08:03 PM

well it's not nice to ask an lady her age but I don't care about my age, i'm 28. It's to hard for everyone, players, staff and fans to adjust to head coaching changes every several years. At least the Rooney's arent fickled, they stick with a coach through ups-and-downs, through loosing and winning seasons.