Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Run the score up(if possible) (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=21940)

BleedBlacknGold0 12-05-2007 08:16 PM

Run the score up(if possible)

remember when the steelers came out in the first half 2 years ago and stomped the patriots? if this situation comes around again would you want the steelers to run the clock out in the 2nd half or pour it on? I for one would love to see the steelers go for 4th and 1 on the patriots side of the 50 with a 2 touchdown plus lead. belichick and the patriots have disrespected the league with the spying and now add to the insult every week they run the score up. I'd like to see a taste of their own medicine...would tomlin even do it?

ohiosteelerfan20 12-05-2007 08:24 PM

Re: Run the score up(if possible)

No way. Let the Steelers keep being the Steelers. And the Pats can continue to be the classless ones.

The Duke 12-05-2007 08:25 PM

Quote:

would tomlin even do it?
he could, but I don't think he will. he's a steeler, he will go with his team, give their best, win, run out the clock, shake hands and go to the lockeroom.

at least that's what I hope

What would be really fun is for a team like the dolphins to run up the score on them

Dino 6 Rings 12-05-2007 08:26 PM

I don't care if we score 1 point more than that do...this is about getting a 10th win and nothing more. The bigger came against the Pats will most likely come later on.

BleedBlacknGold0 12-05-2007 08:27 PM

i would rather see another team do it as well but their schedule is gravy after the steelers. I guess i just want to look at brady's and belichicks face when their down 30 points and denied a punt. it would be more embarassing if miami did it lol

jjpro11 12-05-2007 08:45 PM

the evil Al Davis said it best... "Just win, baby!"

Davison_K 12-06-2007 12:54 AM

There is a difference between running the clock out and playing too conservative and losing games... I remember a few games that the Steelers didn't make plays in the second half and just played conservative and lost games they were winning.

Steelman16 12-06-2007 01:30 AM

We must keep the hot potato bouncing, but no running up the score. The Steelers are known for class, no need to ruin our reputation against a totally classless team.

Galax Steeler 12-06-2007 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohiosteelerfan20 (Post 334412)
No way. Let the Steelers keep being the Steelers. And the Pats can continue to be the classless ones.

Agreed

geo123 12-06-2007 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davison_K (Post 334511)
There is a difference between running the clock out and playing too conservative and losing games... I remember a few games that the Steelers didn't make plays in the second half and just played conservative and lost games they were winning.

Good point. The best D is a good offense. Teams should look to score(TD's) every time they have the ball reguardless of the existing score.

This may be an overlooked point in the game Mon. The Ravens in the 4th Quarter twice went 3 and out. Had they been able to sustain a drive(on either) and score even 3 pts the Pats could have only tied. That's if they had the time, because the time used on the clock would have been that much less at the end. I think they would have run out of time. I hope I explained that clearly.
We have all seen enough games were teams with good leads lost games in the final minutes.