Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Do we really need it? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=21942)

therocksteeler 12-05-2007 08:40 PM

Do we really need it?

First off for the record and I bleed Black N Gold forever......but consider this....

Would it be great to totally destroy the Pats = YES

Do we need to place all our chips on the table in this game = ?

Will we probably play them again later down the road, in playoffs = We Hope/Very Possible

Could we use this game to build onto a later win in playoffs if we meet them again = Sure...(remember the Colts the year of "One For The Thumb"?)

So, opinions? Looking at "the big picture" ... Do we need this win?

tony hipchest 12-05-2007 08:51 PM

Re: Do we really need it?

"you play to win the game"
- herm edwards

i would like to see the steelers earn their checks. the rooneys dont pay tomlin to lose games in the regular season for a hypothetical matchup with 1 of 5 other teams who will make the playoffs for the afc.

the steelers have all of america (and probably none of "new" england) rooting for us. we owe it to america and the nfl to try and win.

PisnNapalm 12-05-2007 08:56 PM

Beat their asses down twice. 'nuff said.

stillers4me 12-05-2007 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PisnNapalm (Post 334468)
Beat their asses down twice. 'nuff said.

Eff the pats!

RoethlisBURGHer 12-05-2007 09:04 PM

I don't think the team is placing all their chips on the table. However, this game is important to the Steelers in playoff seeding. I definatly wouldn't mind a bye week to go along with at least 1 home playoff game.

And there is a good chance we won't even meet the Patriots in the playoffs. They nearly lost to two bad teams these last two weeks. I think they are going to lose to the Steelers this upcoming Sunday. The could easily lose their first game to whomever plays them.

Stlrs4Life 12-05-2007 09:27 PM

Well, I don't think wee go in there to lose. And if wee don't I'm not worried about no bye week either. Because i don't like our record after a bye week. In the playoffs or regular season for that matter.

xXTheSteelKingsXx 12-05-2007 09:29 PM

I think that this game is critical not only for moral but the playoff race. With Cleveland only a few games behind every game becomes important.

Atlanta Dan 12-05-2007 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer (Post 334474)

And there is a good chance we won't even meet the Patriots in the playoffs. They nearly lost to two bad teams these last two weeks. I think they are going to lose to the Steelers this upcoming Sunday. The could easily lose their first game to whomever plays them.

After Cleveland lost to Arizona, the Steelers have a margin for error to win the division.

If the Steelers finish with the #4 seed (possible with finishing 2-2 if the Chargers win out) they would go to New England for the second round of the playoffs, assuming they would win a first round home game against the #5 seed (no doubt Jax). Jax is a team IMO that can beat anyone.

Steelers need to finish 12-4 to get the Titans or Browns in the first round and then Indy (my preference); a Pats win is no more important for seeding purposes than the other 3 games.

I think Indy finishes 14-2 if it needs to win out and will get the other bye..

ShutDown24 12-05-2007 10:11 PM

Obviously we don't NEED to win this game... But it would be nice... We have the division won so it's not like we should use all of our energy up before the post-season but, again, it would make a statement. Plus we are garunteed to win so there is nothing to worry about :)

BozMan 12-05-2007 10:51 PM

I'm suprised that this idea has gotten this much traction. There is no question that we need this game. Steelers fans (i.e., customers) deserve nothing less.