Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2:00 To Go (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=21971)

Steel Warrior 12-06-2007 08:11 PM

2:00 To Go

OK, with only 2:00 to go and the score is 24-20 this Sunday. Which would you rather see, we have the ball and have to score the TD, or they have the ball and have to score the TD? I'm going with we have the ball and have to score the TD.
:smoker:

HometownGal 12-06-2007 08:14 PM

Re: 2:00 To Go

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel Warrior (Post 334927)
OK, with only 2:00 to go and the score is 24-20 this Sunday. Which would you rather see, we have the ball and have to score the TD, or they have the ball and have to score the TD? I'm going with we have the ball and have to score the TD.

That's easy. I'm with you on this one, Warrior. There is no QB in the league more lethal in the 2:00 drill than Fairy Tom, as both the Eagles and Ravens know all too well. I'd like our chances against the Pats less than stellar D.

Atlanta Dan 12-06-2007 08:14 PM

Quote:

Seeing as the Steelers could not stop the Broncos or Jets with 2:00 to go and that the strength of the Pats is not their D I would much rather have the ball down 4..

iloveben7 12-06-2007 08:16 PM

we have the ball and have to score. We have Ben who has lead us from behind in the 4th quarter so many times and the defense is the weakest thing on the Patriots.

jjpro11 12-06-2007 08:26 PM

i love our defense this year.. but our 2:00 minute defense, if thats what you call it, has been our achilles heel. the jets and broncos marched right down the field to tie and win. the browns were a couple yards short of doing the same.

RoethlisBURGHer 12-06-2007 09:26 PM

Well, I'd rather have us up 34-0...but for arguments sake I'd take us needing to score.

If they send a few people to rush, Ben can dump it off to Willie or Miller.

If they cover everyone Ben can run for the first down and/or score.

Not to mention Fast Willie can break a long one for a score any time.

klick81 12-06-2007 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HometownGal (Post 334928)
That's easy. I'm with you on this one, Warrior. There is no QB in the league more lethal in the 2:00 drill than Fairy Tom, as both the Eagles and Ravens know all too well. I'd like our chances against the Pats less than stellar D.

Makes sense. I'll take that answer as well.

Blitzburgh_Fever 12-07-2007 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjpro11 (Post 334941)
i love our defense this year.. but our 2:00 minute defense, if thats what you call it, has been our achilles heel. the jets and broncos marched right down the field to tie and win. the browns were a couple yards short of doing the same.

I love when we run the prevent and we're only up by 3 :dang:. LeBeau is a genius, but sometimes it's frustrating being a Steelers fan in the 4th quarter :helmet:

Haiku_Dirtt 12-07-2007 02:26 AM

Wrong Wrong Wrong

Quote:

Sorry I disagree with everyone who is sane.

With 2:00 minutes left in the game you put the ball in Tom Brady's hands. And then let's go Bastille Day and decapitate him. WIN or LOSE.

Real men cheat ON THE FIELD. Little girls hide behind the curtains with their little cameras. I'll trade a stretcher for the yellow flag now that Cleveland lost to Arizona.

:karate:

Buzz05 12-07-2007 07:19 AM

I want out Defense out on that field with 2:00 to go. Tom Brady may be the best in the game at it. But in order to be the best you gotta beat the best. The No.1 O vs the No.1 D with the game and history on the line. Lets see who walks out of the alley. Lets see how Baby Brady does against a Defense that will still be bring the heat with .01 to go and not tiring out and making mental mistakes like the Eagles and Ravens. I want people to say, Brady ran into a better team. Not...well he ran out of time. No forgiveness, No excusses, No Mercy.