Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Steelers Fever Fantasy Football League (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2213)

tootalltoscore 10-19-2005 06:08 PM

Steelers Fever Fantasy Football League

Whilst I do not wish to point the finger at any particular member, I find it very disappointing that some managers do not feel the need to either put in a backup player or acquire a player short term.

If it is a result of a bad start, there is no need to give up, I realise this is only a fun league, nevertheless I feel they owe it to other managers to at least be competitive in their individual games. I certainly believe there is NO excuse for leaving players in the team on their bye week.

Should there be a league next year, i hope we could at least find 10/12 managers who are willing to at least compete each week.

Responses from others sought, especially those who are not competing.

Finally whilst I understand that I may have upset some managers with these comments, if you have no interest in the games, would you consider a trade for a decent WR as I am struggling in this department ;-)

Go_Cats 10-20-2005 01:31 AM

Re: Steelers Fever Fantasy Football League

hey I would be more than happy to take over someones team.

BB2W 10-20-2005 03:05 PM

I wish I could say that I am 1 - 5 because I failed to put in backups, but I am actually trying... My team stinks!!! :poop:

bigbensgirl7 10-20-2005 10:40 PM

Damn...I just lost my first game last weekend...I'm 5-1 now!

BB2W 10-20-2005 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7
Damn...I just lost my first game last weekend...I'm 5-1 now!

We play eachother next week... I am gonna get smoked, and it will be a must win game. :sweating:

SteelersFever 10-21-2005 12:47 PM

I'm guilty of all of the above! With the amount of time I've had lately and the way things were going in the league I skipped a few weeks. But, I'm coming back to win the trophy! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

BB2W 10-21-2005 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersFever
I'm guilty of all of the above! With the amount of time I've had lately and the way things were going in the league I skipped a few weeks. But, I'm coming back to win the trophy! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

At least you have an excuse why your team sucks... I have bee doing everything I can to win, and I only have one more win than you (1). :laughing: By the way... my only win was against you. :grin: Thanks for not putting in your roster, you would have probabaly won.

bigbensgirl7 10-22-2005 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB2W
We play eachother next week... I am gonna get smoked, and it will be a must win game. :sweating:

As awesome as you are...you know I'm not going to take it easy on ya!!!! No seriously...my team is falling apart with injuries left and right...hopefully I can recover or I'm going to have a hard time!

BB2W 10-23-2005 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7
As awesome as you are...you know I'm not going to take it easy on ya!!!! No seriously...my team is falling apart with injuries left and right...hopefully I can recover or I'm going to have a hard time!

We should see if we can hook up for next weeks game... we'll see, I will PM you. :smile:

clevestinks 10-30-2005 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tootalltoscore
Whilst I do not wish to point the finger at any particular member, I find it very disappointing that some managers do not feel the need to either put in a backup player or acquire a player short term.

If it is a result of a bad start, there is no need to give up, I realise this is only a fun league, nevertheless I feel they owe it to other managers to at least be competitive in their individual games. I certainly believe there is NO excuse for leaving players in the team on their bye week.

Should there be a league next year, i hope we could at least find 10/12 managers who are willing to at least compete each week.

Responses from others sought, especially those who are not competing.

Finally whilst I understand that I may have upset some managers with these comments, if you have no interest in the games, would you consider a trade for a decent WR as I am struggling in this department ;-)

This is always a problem in Fantasy leagues. Lesser teams give up or cut and trade there players for someone else benefit. Lets hope we don`t have to worry about that. Does our commisioner have the final say so in trades?????????
If not maybe we ought to change that. So that if a team is out of playoff contention they don`t trade away greats for bums. Just my two cents.