Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   MLB Steroid Report (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=22136)

TackleMeBen 12-11-2007 08:06 PM

MLB Steroid Report

is due out Thursday according to espn. its said to have anywhere from 60-80 current and former players

Crushzilla 12-11-2007 08:13 PM

Re: MLB Steroid Report

:popcorn: Getcha popcorn ready.

Baseball's become such a novelty to me that I don't care who's on the list. I just want to see people go down...

:sofunny:

Does that make me a bad person?

TackleMeBen 12-11-2007 08:18 PM

not at all... its human nature i think. you know like when you see a really bad car wreck and you know you shouldnt look but you always do...

i dont see the need of telling everyone who is on the list...and when some of them did it there were no policies in places saying it was wrong. they should stop worrying about the past and worry about the future.

Crushzilla 12-11-2007 08:26 PM

When it comes to baseball and car crashes I know too much about it... I'm a Pirates fan :sofunny:

The MLB is really taking initiative into this steroid thing, but its going to take a lot to repair the damage. The situation really is a mess, especially when Suspect #1 just broke on of, if not the most, prestigious record in the game.

Which, on a ranting note, is only the most prestigious record because the media wanted it to be. It should be career hits, RBIs, Wins by a pitcher, something with a little more significance to how the game is played.

Home runs are sexy and marketable, but they aren't necessarily critical to how the game is played, to be honest.

Back to the topic...

Presenting the list to the public is their attempt to show that they ARE making moves to stop the tide of PEDs in the game.

"See... see... we care... here's your reward for your patience... please keep coming to games."

TackleMeBen 12-11-2007 08:33 PM

i gave up my season tickets to the tigers a few years ago. i see your point about them making it public to show that they are 'trying' to clean up baseball. i love watching the old games back when ruth and them guys played.

i agree that it should be something more to the game like wins by pitchers and stuff. homeruns are cool but they arent baseball so to say... it takes more work to pitch than hit a homerun i believe.

SteelCityMan786 12-11-2007 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushzilla (Post 338382)
:popcorn: Getcha popcorn ready.

Baseball's become such a novelty to me that I don't care who's on the list. I just want to see people go down...

:sofunny:

Does that make me a bad person?

The Jury in my court of public opinion says no.

Crushzilla 12-11-2007 08:37 PM

Oh for sure. Pitching is an art.

The bottom line about Home Runs is... if you put a team of Adam Dunns and Barry Bondses on the field I'll take a nine Ichiros EVERYDAY.

The long ball is great. But fundamentally, the guys with the .300+ averages every year are the real superstars.

TackleMeBen 12-11-2007 08:41 PM

you are absolutely right crush. it does take an art to reach 300 average. and its an art to strike out a batter.