Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2 critical keys for success vs bengals (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2230)

tony hipchest 10-20-2005 06:48 PM

2 critical keys for success vs bengals
 
these are really obvious but let me be more specific.

win the turnover battle.
every game this year the steelers D has created a turn over with the opposition near or in the redzone. they are 1-2 with games won in the final seconds. in each of the 2 games last year against the bengals the steelers scored a defensive td. getting a timely turnover will probably be critical.

no stupid or cheap penalties.
cowher would never ask his team to lose their intensity, fire, or on the edge play but polamalu has had 2 personall fouls in the last 2 games. there have been other uncharacteristic fouls. as bad as they have been doing getting the opposition off the field on 3rd down they dont need any defensive stands wiped out by a foul. or 1st down conversions wiped on offense.

SteelrsRck 10-20-2005 06:58 PM

Re: 2 critical keys for success vs bengals
 
i tottally agree

Troy is a Monster and i love it.....i dont want to see him tone it down at all just not get caught for it.But seriously he just needs to watch those head shots

CantStop85 10-20-2005 10:53 PM

Re: 2 critical keys for success vs bengals
 
I think the key to the game will be scoring more points than the other team.

Koopa 10-20-2005 11:03 PM

Re: 2 critical keys for success vs bengals
 
thank you caption obvious. know shit you got to score more then the other team. he's just saying what we got to do to get more points. i love the intensity troy has been showing to bad it's costing us a little.

I.C. Lights 10-20-2005 11:09 PM

Re: 2 critical keys for success vs bengals
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CantStop85
I think the key to the game will be scoring more points than the other team.


That's a good Madden impersonation... :rofl:

tony hipchest 10-21-2005 11:07 AM

Re: 2 critical keys for success vs bengals
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CantStop85
I think the key to the game will be scoring more points than the other team.

wow! insightful analysis from a bengal fan. and here i always thought the key was keeping the opposing team scoring FEWER points.

so what will the key be for bengals be able to score enough points?

tony hipchest 10-23-2005 02:44 PM

Re: 2 critical keys for success vs bengals
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest
these are really obvious but let me be more specific.

win the turnover battle.
every game this year the steelers D has created a turn over with the opposition near or in the redzone. they are 1-2 with games won in the final seconds. in each of the 2 games last year against the bengals the steelers scored a defensive td. getting a timely turnover will probably be critical.

no stupid or cheap penalties.
cowher would never ask his team to lose their intensity, fire, or on the edge play but polamalu has had 2 personall fouls in the last 2 games. there have been other uncharacteristic fouls. as bad as they have been doing getting the opposition off the field on 3rd down they dont need any defensive stands wiped out by a foul. or 1st down conversions wiped on offense.

3 personal foul penalties in the 1st half. = 45 yds and 6 pts. although the defense has been playing great in the red zone its time for that turnover to offset the penalties and 6 pts. given up.

tony hipchest 10-23-2005 02:51 PM

Re: 2 critical keys for success vs bengals
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest
3 personal foul penalties in the 1st half. = 45 yds and 6 pts. although the defense has been playing great in the red zone its time for that turnover to offset the penalties and 6 pts. given up.

defense bails ben out. = 3 pts. 10-6 steelers

CantStop85 10-23-2005 11:02 PM

Re: 2 critical keys for success vs bengals
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by I.C. Lights
That's a good Madden impersonation... :rofl:

lol I was surprised someone actually got that


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum