Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   2007 Pro Bowlers- Grins and Groans (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=22328)

tony hipchest 12-18-2007 05:40 PM

2007 Pro Bowlers- Grins and Groans

so who was snubbed? any suprises? you glad to see somebody finally make it in? who didnt deserve it (ogden)? any notables?

looks like the browns took a hit with joe thomas not making it (freaking ogden???) k. winslow jr coulda very well made it if the names gates and gonzales werent on the ballot.

sweet justice for braylon edwards to edge out chad johnson. i hate to admit it, but edwards is good.

the biggest shame is that fred taylor didnt finally make it. hes just as good as he showed last weekend. always has been and hes shaken that "injury prone" stigma that has plagued his career.

notable: sf punter andy lee. you know, the one we signed in the offseason for 6 years and $7 million? frisco matched the offer to the restricted free agent and should be thanking us for doing a great contract for them. in 4 years this deal will be a bargain.

"one mans trash is another mans treasure" award: leonard davis. bust in arizona. multi-millionair pro bowler in dallas

stillers4me 12-18-2007 05:46 PM

Re: 2007 Pro Bowlers- Grins and Groans

I'm thrilled that Chad Johnson didn't make it. That HOF jacket stunt is going to bite him in the ass for a long time.

Preacher 12-18-2007 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillers4me (Post 342199)
I'm thrilled that Chad Johnson didn't make it. That HOF jacket stunt is going to bite him in the ass for a long time.

Absolutely.

ShutDown24 12-18-2007 05:52 PM

The thing with Davis is that Arizona insisted playing him at tackle when he was obviously a guard...

Anyway, the reason Taylor doesn't get in is because of the quality of backs in the AFC... He is good, but three or four guys have always been better than him year to year. It is ashame, but nothing can really be done about it...

I think Faneca and Polamalu got in on name recognition more than anything... Hampton deserves to be in more than those two and I don't see how Williams got in over Hampton this year... Previous years sure but when I have seen Jamall this season he hasn't been up to his standard. I guess just more name recognition.

MasterOfPuppets 12-18-2007 06:00 PM

how does lance briggs make it over ernie simms?

briggs.....94 tackles.....2 sacks......2 ff......1 rec....0pass def......0 int
simms....122tackles...1 sack.........3 ff......0 rec....3 pass def.....1 int

no wonder there's so little interest in the PB.....i thought it was SUPPOSED to be about the best players at thier position THAT year.....not what they have done in the past. they should have a point system based on stats,that determines who goes.

touchdownward 12-18-2007 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 342195)
so who was snubbed? any suprises? you glad to see somebody finally make it in? who didnt deserve it (ogden)? any notables?

looks like the browns took a hit with joe thomas not making it (freaking ogden???) k. winslow jr coulda very well made it if the names gates and gonzales werent on the ballot.

sweet justice for braylon edwards to edge out chad johnson. i hate to admit it, but edwards is good.

the biggest shame is that fred taylor didnt finally make it. hes just as good as he showed last weekend. always has been and hes shaken that "injury prone" stigma that has plagued his career.

notable: sf punter andy lee. you know, the one we signed in the offseason for 6 years and $7 million? frisco matched the offer to the restricted free agent and should be thanking us for doing a great contract for them. in 4 years this deal will be a bargain.

"one mans trash is another mans treasure" award: leonard davis. bust in arizona. multi-millionair pro bowler in dallas

That is the biggest snub to me and not because he bitch slapped our D last weekend. Can you imagine his career stats if he had stayed healthy?

TJ Housh la bamba is the best receiver on that team. He's tougher than Chad and has better hands than Chad.
Maybe CJ's next touchdown celebration he could do the James Brown with the HOF jacket and hold it on TJ while he walks around. TJ could then throw the jacket off and break into a jitterbug. :jammin:Now THAT would be a quality TD celebration.

Steeler in Carolina 12-18-2007 06:10 PM

I agree Fred Taylor should have got in, but Jacksonville is not a big media market and Fred is not a big name. He is probably the quietest 10,000 yard back in history.

The Duke 12-18-2007 06:14 PM

Big Snack should be in

Kerry Rhodes has been a monster this season, maybe better than Bob Sanders.

and.....too many Dallas players, that's just fan voting I guess. Is Nick Folk really the best kicker in the NFC? I can't think of many but I don't think he is

SteelCityMan786 12-18-2007 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillers4me (Post 342199)

He'll be in the HOF in 20NEVER

HometownGal 12-18-2007 07:32 PM

Re: Five Steelers Selected to Pro Bowl

Donald Driver is a good wideout, but I think this season, Greg Jennings is more deserving.

I said it in another thread - Jeff Reed should be the PK for the AFC, not Bironas. This season, there hasn't been a better clutch (and mud and muck) kicker than Reed.