Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Well Wishes (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Prayers for my niece, please! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=22331)

stillers4me 12-18-2007 08:04 PM

Prayers for my niece, please!

Tomorrow, at 10 am, my 13 year old niece is having surgery to get a cochlear implant. She lost all her hearing in one ear a few years back and wore a hearing aid in the other. In October, the same week my dad passed away, we found out that she had lost 100% in her remaining ear. She has been in a totally silent world since then.

She is having the surgery in Pittsburgh by the same surgeon that operated on Rush Limbaugh. If all goes well, she will have almost normal hearing in that ear and even be able to plug in an ipod! That's a big deal to a teenage girl! Please pray for Amanda (and my brother who is a basket case!) Much appreciated!

Preacher 12-18-2007 08:08 PM

Re: Prayers for my niece, please!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillers4me (Post 342261)
Tomorrow, at 10 am, my 13 year old niece is having surgery to get a cochlear implant. She lost all her hearing in one ear a few years back and wore a hearing aid in the other. In October, the same week my dad passed away, we found out that she had lost 100% in her remaining ear. She has been in a totally silent world since then.

She is having the surgery in Pittsburgh by the same surgeon that operated on Rush Limbaugh. If all goes well, she will have almost normal hearing in that ear and even be able to plug in an ipod! That's a big deal to a teenage girl! Please pray for Amanda (and my brother who is a basket case!) Much appreciated!

I hope and pray that she is well and recovering by this time tomorrow.

And to think, 20 years from now, we will be looking at those amazing implants as big, bulky fossils of the past.

fansince'76 12-18-2007 08:09 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with your niece and entire family. God bless.

stillers4me 12-18-2007 08:11 PM

Thanks, guys! She is getting the newest, snazziest model........she can even pick the color she wants!

GBMelBlount 12-18-2007 08:47 PM

Amanda & your family are in our prayers.

jdsdaguy 12-19-2007 04:53 AM

todays medicine is so much more advanced, u can almost expect an even better result. my wifes dad is a pastor and i'll have his church pray for ur family.

lamberts-lost-tooth 12-19-2007 05:02 AM

Prayers from Illinois!!!

HometownGal 12-19-2007 08:54 AM

Prayers for Amanda, your brother and you, stillers. :thumbsup: Please let us know how the surgery goes.

TackleMeBen 12-19-2007 11:59 AM

my thoughts and prayers are with you stillers.. i hope she has a successful surgery and all goes well for her and your brother.

stlrtruck 12-19-2007 02:32 PM

I pray that the surgery went well and that she has a quick recovery and is once again able to enjoy her ipod