Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Tailgate Party (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Steelers Fans Take Over St. Louis! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=22406)

Bus36RollsUrlacher 12-21-2007 09:32 AM

Steelers Fans Take Over St. Louis!

We all know that our Steelers fans travel very well, and last night was no exception! It was great to see all of the black and gold in the Edward Jones Dome last night. It definitely felt like a home game. I had a particularly good time hanging out with the folks that made it over to the pre-game tailgate sponsored by Jeff and SCM. Steeler Santa was a big hit, and the food was excellent!

Again, thank you to everyone that started the party in Illinois and then carried it over to the Dome in St. Louis!

We've got to take care of the Ravens, and then it is playoff time. Looks like it could be the Jaguars or the Browns. It does not matter to me who we play, but who would you rather host during the playoffs?

SalukiSteelers 12-21-2007 11:26 PM

Re: Steelers Fans Take Over St. Louis!

There were a ton of Steelers fans in the Lou last night. I came up from Carbondale with three friends, two of whom were rooting for the Steelers. It was a fun environment, but things got a little brutal at the game. To say our seats were nosebleeds doesn't do the term justice. We were in the second-to-last row at the top of section 417 and it was a steep walk up. We had the game-film view, minus the rewind option, but we were surrounded by Steelers fans.

Our section exploded after the first Steelers' TD, so much so that the Steelers fan behind me tumbled down into our row. By the time he was done falling, he was sitting backwards in what was once my seat. I was three rows down, flat on my back, looking some extremely surprised woman next to my feet right in the eyes. I bounced down over two rows of seats before landing in the third. Talk about embarrassing. You know that feeling you get when you know people are staring at you and talking about you? Yeah, multiply it by about 200 eyes and you've got the number of people who were staring at me as I made the walk of shame back to my seat. Luckily I was just buzzed enough to laugh it off.

So I got back to my seat and the guy who knocked me down apologized, but didn't offer me a beer, and I was back to watching the game while praying my fall wasn't on tape because it would have made ESPN's "Not Top 10." Anyway, I'm was lucky enough to get a spot under a leak in the roof so every couple of minutes water would drip onto my head. The rest of the game was pretty uneventful and we left when it was over. I lost my Terrible Towel somewhere on the walk back to the car, but that wasn't all I didn't make it home with -- my keys fell out of my pocket when I took my header. Too bad I didn't realize it until I was two hours away from the stadium. I had to stay at a buddy's house and drive back to St. Louis from Carbondale today to pick up my keys.

Still, the Steelers won so I've got to say it was a great experience.

Stlrs4Life 12-22-2007 09:40 AM

Jeesh Saluki, that sounds like a pretty rough time.

sherlock 12-23-2007 01:51 AM

How many fans do the Steelers usually take to away games?
I guess that because of the sheer size of the States it will depend on who they are playing and considering the costs involved,how much spare cash you have lying around!

SteelersGirlTN7 12-23-2007 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherlock (Post 344703)
I guess that because of the sheer size of the States it will depend on who they are playing and considering the costs involved,how much spare cash you have lying around!

With the Steelers, it's not always about having to travel far most of the time. I mean, sure, there are those fans that will travel wherever they go. But more likely, it's because there are Steelers fans all over the country, so when they have an away game, those fans take advantage of being able to feed their black and gold fever!

TommyG 12-23-2007 02:41 PM

Yeah..I was at the game also...It is only a 4 hour drive from Indianapolis, IN....They retired Faulk's number at halftime so the Rams fans were pretty spun-up about that....I would say the crowd was about 60/40 Steelers fans...They kept saying it was because of the 3-11 season that they all sold their tickets....no sh*t Sherlock....

sherlock 12-23-2007 11:32 PM

Thank you for your answers.Do the Steelers have one of the largest "States-wide" fan bases in the NFL?.If so what makes them so popular?
What other teams have a large following throughout America?
Sorry for all these questions but I`m a VERY new convert to the NFL and the Steelers .......I mean(you guys ain`t gonna believe this) I wasn`t even aware that the Steelers won Super Bowl XL until a couple of months ago :jawdrop:....at least you can`t accuse me of being a glory hunter!

Preacher 12-24-2007 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherlock (Post 345261)
Thank you for your answers.Do the Steelers have one of the largest "States-wide" fan bases in the NFL?.If so what makes them so popular?
What other teams have a large following throughout America?
Sorry for all these questions but I`m a VERY new convert to the NFL and the Steelers .......I mean(you guys ain`t gonna believe this) I wasn`t even aware that the Steelers won Super Bowl XL until a couple of months ago :jawdrop:....at least you can`t accuse me of being a glory hunter!

Over the last 30 years, Pittsburgh has lost what... HALF its residents due to the shutdown of the steel mills. Now, they have families that grew up and are having kids. Yet, they are all Steelers fans at heart. Thus, we have probably.. literally, MILLIONS of Steelers fans all over the country. Then, we were the first (and the best) SB dynasty. Thus, we gathered a lot of fans then, and THOSE fans taught their children.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair 12-24-2007 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherlock (Post 344703)

Hi Sherlock this video will answer all your questions about Steeler Nation...Enjoy and GO STEELERS!!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1527321414

sherlock 12-25-2007 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I-Want-Troy's-Hair (Post 345493)
Hi Sherlock this video will answer all your questions about Steeler Nation...Enjoy and GO STEELERS!!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1527321414

IWTH....What can I say?
This is the best bit of Steeler material I`ve ever seen!!
Thanks a million for this inspirational film!! :cheers: :hug: :thumbsup:
If you are interested below is a youtube link which made me become a Steeler fan before I even knew anything about them.
All the best and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you! :party:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZx3ZH7GUtE