Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Sapp ejected against Jags after three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=22446)

nojobny 12-23-2007 02:55 PM

Sapp ejected against Jags after three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties
 
Sapp ejected against Jags after three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties

Associated Press
Updated: December 23, 2007, 3:17 PM ET

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Raiders defensive tackle Warren Sapp was ejected from Sunday's game against the Jaguars after receiving three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.

Sapp received all three of the penalties in a strange series of events that started when Jacksonville right tackle Tony Pashos was flagged for illegal use of hands to the face.

Officials said the Raiders declined the penalty, and the Jaguars lined up for a 43-yard field goal attempt with 21 seconds to play in the first half. Officials then said Oakland would accept the penalty, making it third-and-20 from the Raiders 35-yard line.

Jacksonville's offense went back on the field, but a few seconds later, the officials called the first unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Sapp. That gave the Jaguars an automatic first down, and Sapp started jawing at officials.

Sapp and defensive end Derrick Burgess were both flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct penalties during the arguments. Sapp kept talking, and he got a third one that also came with an ejection.

Teammates had to restrain Sapp, and an assistant coach escorted him off the field.

The penalties gave the Jaguars a first-and-goal at the 2, but David Garrard's pass at the goal line was intercepted by Kirk Morrison and returned 36 yards.

SteelCityMan786 12-23-2007 03:13 PM

Re: Sapp ejected against Jags after three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties
 
Never thought I'd see this day. NOT!

83-Steelers-43 12-23-2007 03:15 PM

Re: Sapp ejected against Jags after three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties
 
http://www.alanjohns.fsnet.co.uk/gol...at-bastard.jpg GET IN MY BELLY, I'M GONNA EATCHA!!!

MasterOfPuppets 12-23-2007 03:28 PM

Re: Sapp ejected against Jags after three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties
 
russell.....60 million dollar russell....looked very impressive !!! :toofunny:

owners need to start lobbying for rookie salary caps !!! how in the hell is it helping the bottom of the barrel team by giving them first pick, when half the time it blows up in thier face, and causes cap problems.

HometownGal 12-23-2007 03:31 PM

Re: Sapp ejected against Jags after three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties
 
I heard he tried to eat Maurice Jones-Drew, but couldn't get him all in one bite.

silver & black 12-24-2007 05:40 PM

Re: Sapp ejected against Jags after three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 345034)
russell.....60 million dollar russell....looked very impressive !!! :toofunny:

owners need to start lobbying for rookie salary caps !!! how in the hell is it helping the bottom of the barrel team by giving them first pick, when half the time it blows up in thier face, and causes cap problems.

What did you expect he would look like? He missed all of TC and only played 4 series prior to the Jax game. The whole team sucked... especially the D.

How has Russell blown up in the Raiders' face?... he hasn't even played a whole game!

MasterOfPuppets 12-24-2007 11:41 PM

Re: Sapp ejected against Jags after three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by silver & black (Post 345549)
What did you expect he would look like? He missed all of TC and only played 4 series prior to the Jax game. The whole team sucked... especially the D.

How has Russell blown up in the Raiders' face?... he hasn't even played a whole game!

i'd except the missing training camp excuse if he played that bad in week 6......but this is week 16. that means he's had 14 weeks of practice to digest the playbook. which by the way is a helluva lot longer than roethlisberger had his rookie year,before being thrown into the fire.but anywho, i wasn't actually calling out russell, as much as i was his over inflated contract. his contract is gonna be a pretty descent sized cap hit for a few years. russell got 30 million guaranties....the raiders get none!!!he may be the next manning, he may be the next leaf. i'm just saying teams shouldn't have to morgage thier future to find out.

Rhee Rhee 12-25-2007 02:24 AM

Re: Sapp ejected against Jags after three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 345632)
russell got 30 million guaranties....the raiders get none!!!he may be the next manning, he may be the next leaf. i'm just saying teams shouldn't have to morgage thier future to find out.

WELL said!!! i think peter king mentioned that the key is to find a QB in the later rounds and not build your entire franchise around one player whose worth 30 million in guaranteed money..

but anyway the reffs suck and overrreacted

silver & black 12-25-2007 08:09 AM

Re: Sapp ejected against Jags after three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 345632)
i'd except the missing training camp excuse if he played that bad in week 6......but this is week 16. that means he's had 14 weeks of practice to digest the playbook. which by the way is a helluva lot longer than roethlisberger had his rookie year,before being thrown into the fire.but anywho, i wasn't actually calling out russell, as much as i was his over inflated contract. his contract is gonna be a pretty descent sized cap hit for a few years. russell got 30 million guaranties....the raiders get none!!!he may be the next manning, he may be the next leaf. i'm just saying teams shouldn't have to morgage thier future to find out.

I agree. Rookie money is out of hand. How much will next year's #1 get... somewhere around 65-68 million I would guess. Absolutely ridiculous.

As far as russell and his progress... most of us in Raider Nation would agree with what you said. I never wanted him, and I'm not convinced he will turn out to be anything more than a decent QB... and thats in about 3 years. I don't make the decisions, so I guess, as a fan, I just have to roll with it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum