Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Who to start at QB tomorrow (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=22563)

she_had_man_hands 12-29-2007 06:44 PM

Who to start at QB tomorrow

So I am in the championship game. I have peyton but don't think he will play much. I also have sorgi. There are lots of quarterbacks available in my league that will be starting tomorrow. One of those is Batch. Would you take Batch over the sorgi, tavaris jackson, lemon, pennignton, brodie croyle, vince young etc? What to do... :dang:

PalmerSteel 12-29-2007 06:47 PM

Re: Who to start at QB tomorrow

imo, grab vince young.

she_had_man_hands 12-29-2007 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerSteel (Post 346913)
imo, grab vince young.

I do have vince on my roster, but I am afraid he is going to choke with the playoffs on the line. He really hasn't done much this season.

Newzfoxjr 12-29-2007 08:07 PM

If you won't use Young then Jackson or Batch. Jackson has more to play for, so probably Jackson or Young.

Preacher 12-29-2007 08:41 PM

Tomorrow for the Steelers will be about reestablishing the run. There will be a few passes... but we will try to get the run game on track... So Batch would be a second or third QB.

Colts don't have anything to play for. So I wouldn't play Manning.

Young is in a do or die game... so he may be airing the ball out quite a bit.

Crushzilla 12-30-2007 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 346944)
Young is in a do or die game... so he may be airing the ball out quite a bit.

Or in true Vince fashion... running all over the field.

He may not have stellar pass yards, but they may be coupled with some rushing yards. He has two ways to get in the endzone and has a ton to play for.

I try to avoid leagues with week 17 championships for this reason, but Young's set-up is one that you look for in those week 17 games.

Too bad he doesn't have a better match up. I still think he may need to be played though over Manning or Sorgi.

HometownGal 12-30-2007 07:38 AM

I'd go with Vince Young. Some of the Colts D starters may only play part of the game, so that bodes in Young's favor. This game is, for Vince, the biggest of the season thus far. :thumbsup:

she_had_man_hands 12-30-2007 10:21 AM

Ok, you guys convinced me to play vince. I will let you know how it turns out. I am up 18 to 12 right now. I had welker last night and he had new england(-1) defense, gostkowski(13) and gaffney(0).

she_had_man_hands 01-02-2008 07:11 PM

I won my league, but Vince sure didn't help!