Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   LLT has taken over the draft!!! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=22615)

lamberts-lost-tooth 12-31-2007 06:20 AM

LLT has taken over the draft!!!
 
I have taken over the Steelers computers and will be making the draft choices for the next year....

Round 1) OT Michael Oher-Ole Miss
Round 2) CB Dwight Lowery-San Jose State
Round 3) OG Drew Radovich-USC
Round 4) DE Kendall Langford-Hampton
Round 5) C Doug Legursky- Marshall
Round 6) (I believe this is the pick we gave up fro Rossum)
Round 7) S Jamie Silva-Boston College

FA pickups:
LB Carlos Dansby
OT Travelle Wharton
WR Justin Gage


Okay folks....what says the Steeler Nation?
Do I get the job permanantly?
Or should I keep the day job?

Jeremy 12-31-2007 10:25 AM

Re: LLT has taken over the draft!!!
 
No to Silva.

lamberts-lost-tooth 12-31-2007 12:10 PM

Re: LLT has taken over the draft!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 348446)
No to Silva.

Have you seen him play?...he would be a special teams demon...and would make the team based on that alone. Thats light-years away from what we usually get in the 7th

Jeremy 12-31-2007 12:38 PM

Re: LLT has taken over the draft!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth (Post 348473)
Have you seen him play?...he would be a special teams demon...and would make the team based on that alone. Thats light-years away from what we usually get in the 7th

4 different games this season. I still say no. As an UDFA sure, but not when we need all our picks to fix the problems that currently exist.

ShutDown24 12-31-2007 12:53 PM

Re: LLT has taken over the draft!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth (Post 348358)
I have taken over the Steelers computers and will be making the draft choices for the next year....

Round 1) OT Michael Oher-Ole Miss
Round 2) CB Dwight Lowery-San Jose State
Round 3) OG Drew Radovich-USC
Round 4) DE Kendall Langford-Hampton
Round 5) C Doug Legursky- Marshall
Round 6) (I believe this is the pick we gave up fro Rossum)
Round 7) S Jamie Silva-Boston College

FA pickups:
LB Carlos Dansby
OT Travelle Wharton
WR Justin Gage


Okay folks....what says the Steeler Nation?
Do I get the job permanantly?
Or should I keep the day job?

Doesn't sound bad. I don't really like the Dansby signing or Dwight Lowery pick... But other than that pretty good across the board. I would LOVE to have Gage.

Jeremy 12-31-2007 01:02 PM

Re: LLT has taken over the draft!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutDown24 (Post 348503)
Doesn't sound bad. I don't really like the Dansby signing or Dwight Lowery pick... But other than that pretty good across the board. I would LOVE to have Gage.

The only corner I like is Cason.

lamberts-lost-tooth 12-31-2007 01:54 PM

Re: LLT has taken over the draft!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 348485)
4 different games this season. I still say no. As an UDFA sure, but not when we need all our picks to fix the problems that currently exist.

Really...please tell me the last time we have fixed a problem with a 7th round pick :dang:

...and what part of being a finalist for the Thorpe award...an All-American...a Bowl MVP...having 175 tackles and 8 picks....would make you think he will be undrafted?....My 7th round placement is based on where he is ranked now, but I would bet he will go by the 5th round.

ShutDown24 12-31-2007 02:15 PM

Re: LLT has taken over the draft!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth (Post 348540)
Really...please tell me the last time we have fixed a problem with a 7th round pick

That is true; a lot of teams use their 7th round pick on a high risk high reward ‘skill’ player like a quarterback or receiver... They almost never work out but sometimes you can find a gem. (Marques Colston) So I think Silva is a pretty good move here.

lamberts-lost-tooth 12-31-2007 02:50 PM

Re: LLT has taken over the draft!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutDown24 (Post 348553)
That is true; a lot of teams use their 7th round pick on a high risk high reward ?skill? player like a quarterback or receiver... They almost never work out but sometimes you can find a gem. (Marques Colston) So I think Silva is a pretty good move here.

Not to mention the fact that if "fixing a problem" is the priority...special teams might be a good place to start

lamberts-lost-tooth 12-31-2007 02:55 PM

Re: LLT has taken over the draft!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutDown24 (Post 348503)
Doesn't sound bad. I don't really like the Dansby signing or Dwight Lowery pick... But other than that pretty good across the board. I would LOVE to have Gage.

Here is why I like Lowery:

Dwight Lowery, San Jose State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 185.
40 Time: 4.38.
Projected Round: 2.
An interception machine, Dwight Lowery led the nation with nine picks in 2006 after registering 13 in 15 games at a Junior College...Has been timed as fast as 4.26


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum