Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Bill Stewart named WVU head coach. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=22712)

Jeremy 01-03-2008 10:10 AM

Bill Stewart named WVU head coach.

Stewart to WVU

Great hire in my opinion. Here's a guy who's not going to bolt the next time a team dangles more money in front of him. A coach in the mild of Paterno, Bowden, and Tressel. WVU should be given a big pat on the back for this hire.

ShutDown24 01-03-2008 10:29 AM

Re: Bill Stewart named WVU head coach.

Best thing they could have done.

Lord Stiller 01-03-2008 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 349799)
Here's a guy who's not going to bolt the next time a team dangles more money in front of him. A coach in the mild of Paterno, Bowden, and Tressel.

Wait, didn't Bowden bolt from West Virginia also?

Jeremy 01-03-2008 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiller (Post 349875)
Wait, didn't Bowden bolt from West Virginia also?

Yeah and Paterno accepted an offer to coach New England before he changed his mind the next day. The point is these guys didn't job hop. If Rodriguez can stay at Michigan 10-15 years, I'll change mt tune.

Until that happens, he's a liar like the rest of them.

Steeler in Carolina 01-03-2008 07:01 PM

However, wasn't Bowden basically run out of WV. I don't know for sure, but I think were wanted rid of him.

revefsreleets 01-05-2008 12:20 AM

There was some bigwig athletic supporter of the Mountaineers who had some vested interest in some pro team or other that said that "Stewart is a nice guy and a father figure but he's totally overmatched".

That makes me want to see him succeed even more.

MasterOfPuppets 01-05-2008 12:28 AM

i hope he runs the program into the ground !!! :thumbsup:

Jeremy 01-05-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 350622)
There was some bigwig athletic supporter of the Mountaineers who had some vested interest in some pro team or other that said that "Stewart is a nice guy and a father figure but he's totally overmatched".

That makes me want to see him succeed even more.

Was that part owner of the Dimaonbacks you're talking about revs? If so, that dude rides to work on the jock of Rich Rodriguez. He's been bashing WVU calling them liars ever since old Dick Rod decided to take his freak show to Ann Arbor.

WVU will play in more BCS bowls than Michigan while Rodriguez and Stewart are the head coaches. Go ahead and write that down.

TackleMeBen 01-05-2008 09:24 AM

i am glad that they are giving stewart the opportunity to be the head coach. i have heard alot of the experts say that it was a knee jerk reaction b/c they beat OU. They say he isnt a very good recruit. i hope stewart proves them wrong and wins.

Jeremy 01-05-2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 350629)
i hope he runs the program into the ground !!! :thumbsup:

Kind of like Paterno is doing with Penn State?