Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Mallett leaving Michigan (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=22918)

TackleMeBen 01-10-2008 09:34 AM

Mallett leaving Michigan

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) - Ryan Mallett has left the Michigan football program, and the quarterback might be reunited with his offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Tennessee.

He's on his way home," his father, Jim Mallett, told The Associated Press on Wednesday. "We don't know where he's going to go yet, but we need to do something quick. We're going to visit three, four or five schools."

The former Texas Class 4A offensive player of the year may end up with the Volunteers, who are considering hiring former Michigan offensive coordinator Mike DeBord and quarterbacks coach Scott Loeffler.
"If they're hired, that would be a real good possibility," Jim Mallett said. "Ryan really clicked with both coach DeBord and coach Loeffler during the last couple months of the season and during bowl practices, I've never seen Ryan throw the ball or read defenses as well as he did."
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7655168

and with arrington and manningham going to the draft, oh rich has got his work cut out now.

xXTheSteelKingsXx 01-10-2008 09:52 AM

Re: Mallett leaving Michigan

I can't say I didn't see this coming. Mallet just doesn't fit Rodriguez's system. I hope Rich knows that he letting a solid QB go.

Lord Stiller 01-10-2008 10:01 AM

I'm glad to see him leave the Big 10

Mallett looks like the real deal to me. I think he will be a big time QB in college and into the pros

TackleMeBen 01-10-2008 10:03 AM

appartently rich called mallet several times to talk to him and mallet didnt return his calls. which makes me very disappointed in mallet, he should have at least listen to what rich had to say before jumping ship. now rich is going to put his eggs in the basket of this freshman qb named pryor that they want. i am not having much faith in my team now.

revefsreleets 01-10-2008 11:28 AM

Terrelle Pryor and Ryan Mallett are complete opposite style QB's. I think Mallet knew the writing was on the wall.

TackleMeBen 01-10-2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 354769)
Terrelle Pryor and Ryan Mallett are complete opposite style QB's. I think Mallet knew the writing was on the wall.

maybe so rev, but its still bs that he didnt even at least return a phone call from rodriguez. i mean have some couth and character.

CantStop85 01-10-2008 11:50 AM

Good decision by Mallett, Rodriguez has no need for a pocket QB...besides, he can go to a real conference now.

Lord Stiller 01-10-2008 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantStop85 (Post 354777)
Good decision by Mallett, Rodriguez has no need for a pocket QB...besides, he can go to a real conference now.

Ease up

It's not like the Big 10 is as bad as the Big Least or ACC

I like the SEC a lot and agree they are clearly the best followed by the Big 10 and Pac 10

SteelCityMan786 01-10-2008 06:05 PM

Hmmmmmm, That 4 of the people gone. Now get rid of some more at Michigan and steal some of their blue chips and we can make the next couple of year such as this years game at Penn State a bitch for the Wolverines.

(Evil Laugh)

TackleMeBen 01-10-2008 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 (Post 354899)
Hmmmmmm, That 4 of the people gone. Now get rid of some more at Michigan and steal some of their blue chips and we can make the next couple of year such as this years game at Penn State a bitch for the Wolverines.

(Evil Laugh)

Steelman, you be nice to my michigan wolverines... you know that you are a wolverine fan deep down inside...:wink02:.