Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Terrelle Pryor taking Charlie Batch on recruiting trips. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=22941)

Jeremy 01-11-2008 09:16 AM

Terrelle Pryor taking Charlie Batch on recruiting trips.

Pryor and Batch.

revefsreleets 01-11-2008 09:46 AM

Re: Terrelle Pryor taking Charlie Batch on recruiting trips.

Jesus, does that mean the kid's going to the MAC? Batch went to Eastern Michigan.

Jeremy 01-11-2008 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 355099)
Jesus, does that mean the kid's going to the MAC? Batch went to Eastern Michigan.

No, but I think it shows that he's smart enough to know he doesn't have the savy that some of these coaches have. I kind of expect to see Batch try to push him towards Ohio State or Penn State, but I could be wrong.

lilyoder6 01-11-2008 10:00 AM

i hope this kid goes to penn st.... he is a really good player

Jeremy 01-11-2008 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilyoder6 (Post 355106)
i hope this kid goes to penn st.... he is a really good player

I think Penn State still has a shot with him. It all depends on how Slick Rich sells Michigan. He knows he can be the starting quarterback from Day 1 in Ann Arbor, but will he want to be with a whole new cast of characters on offense.

At least at Penn State, he can ease in to the offense.

revefsreleets 01-11-2008 10:18 AM

Did you see Todd Boeckman in the NC game?

OSU needs a QB. They have been in the NC game 3 of the last 8 years. Tressel has already shown that he will adjust his offense to fit the player, and a QB in a Tress ran spread offense just won a Heisman. I think there is a very good chance OSU will land this kid, which would be a major coup, since OSU simply does not land blue chip QB's.

Jeremy 01-11-2008 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 355117)

OSU needs a QB. They have been in the NC game 3 of the last 8 years. Tressel has already shown that he will adjust his offense to fit the player, and a QB in a Tress ran spread offense just won a Heisman. I think there is a very good chance OSU will land this kid, which would be a major coup, since OSU simply does not land blue chip QB's.

Maybe. I think they have a pretty good chance right now. The players figure to be Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan with Oregon and Florida on the outside looking in.

But like with every single recruit in America, nobody really knows what they're going to do until they do it.

Rhee Rhee 01-12-2008 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 355117)

if they'll get pryor i'll freak... he truly is the definition of a once in 10 years kinda player... (even in basketball!) they just need a big reciever to complement him... (too bad julio jones aint budgin out of the SEC)

SteelCityMan786 01-12-2008 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 355114)
I think Penn State still has a shot with him. It all depends on how Slick Rich sells Michigan. He knows he can be the starting quarterback from Day 1 in Ann Arbor, but will he want to be with a whole new cast of characters on offense.

At least at Penn State, he can ease in to the offense.

Also at Penn State, knowing Paterno's past with decent QB's, he will want to redshirt them so they can have an extra year to help them out.

revefsreleets 01-14-2008 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhee Rhee (Post 355798)
if they'll get pryor i'll freak... he truly is the definition of a once in 10 years kinda player... (even in basketball!) they just need a big reciever to complement him... (too bad julio jones aint budgin out of the SEC)

OSU is fast becoming a WR factory. The kids they have this year don't look as good because of the deficiency the Buckeyes have at QB more than anything.