Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Steelers Should Try ... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=22976)

Elvis 01-13-2008 11:01 AM

Steelers Should Try ...

I think that this young man should be the Steelers Number 1 pick in the upcoming draft. I think that Steelers should try to get this guy... he could be our Next Bus with better speed. He is big and powerful.
Now, I know we need OLineman probably more than Stewart, but man .... would he not look good powering us back to the Super Bowl?
This is just my opinion... and I know that everyone has one.. so lets hear yours..

Courtesy: GoDucks.com
http://www.goducks.com

#28 Jonathan Stewart
Position: Running Back
Height: 5-11
Weight: 230
Year: Junior
High School/Other College: Timberline HS

The Duke 01-13-2008 12:39 PM

Re: Steelers Should Try ...

Quote:

he could be our Next Bus
imo there is no next Bus

I know some folks are still not convinced with willie, but I am, so I don't think we need a runningback in the first round

but this guy seems good, the team that gets him has an all around runningback ready to play

I think the giants will get him, they have a backfield full of backs but none seems convincing enough

Rhee Rhee 01-13-2008 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke (Post 355962)
imo there is no next Bus
I think the giants will get him, they have a backfield full of backs but none seems convincing enough

uk what they say.. quality not quantity...

i see him going top 15 of the draft... if we get him it will truly be a miracle..

Preacher 01-13-2008 05:22 PM

:rolleyes:

Great. Another Willie sucks thread. At least this one is cleverly disguised. Do you really thing Jerome in his prime would have had more yards this year with that line?

I loved the Bus. But Steelers fans have to realize that RB greatness is not measured by a scale.

steelers2685 01-13-2008 10:10 PM

After #44's performance tonight for the Giants, I now can see their clearcut demolition duo between this guy and along with Jacobs.

Elvis 01-14-2008 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 356121)
:rolleyes:

Great. Another Willie sucks thread. At least this one is cleverly disguised. Do you really thing Jerome in his prime would have had more yards this year with that line?

I loved the Bus. But Steelers fans have to realize that RB greatness is not measured by a scale.

:coffee:No... I Think Your Wrong Preacher...
I am not hating Willie at all, I just think that we also need a power back to give him the rest late in the games and give us a great power back for the goal line situation. If anyone has paid attention to Willie's running with his head down into the pile, then you know that he could have had a whole lot more yards this season. Bettis has said it time and time again that he needs to be more patient and keep his head up while he is running inside.

Rhee Rhee 01-15-2008 09:30 PM

i think we should focus on a tough H-back kinda guy... a bigger brian leonard type of player will help... (someone who can do a little of everything...) im thinkin of jacob hester (a little small) or owen schmidt... FYI did u guys know he's somnehow related to terry bradshaw? idk i find that interestin... also brian mcanderson from kansas... although he might even be too big...

revefsreleets 01-15-2008 09:48 PM

I'm rapidly losing patience with you, "Elvis". WHY do you insist on posting everything in bold italics and bigger text than everyone else's posts? I'm reaching a boiling point, and my lid is going to blow soon. I can handle your belief in fairy tales, and I can handle your ignorance, and I can handle your attention ***** deficit and I can handle your horrible preaching but I can't handle the culmination of it all.

Dylan 01-16-2008 02:50 PM

Slaton should be the RB they pick if they get one. we could get him in the 2nd

Dylan 01-16-2008 02:51 PM

Dpesn't Texas A&M have a back much similar to JB?